This was a one night stay as part of a business trip.
We were greeted warmly by a very friendly young man and made to feel very welcome from the start.
The room was on the ground floor with a view of a fence! However, because it was winter and therefore dark by early afternoon, it didn't bother us.
The room was fairly spacious although the wardrobe was rather small. The shower/bathroom was a bit musty at first but once we'd used it it improved.
We ate in the Inn and this is where the place came into its own with an imaginative menu, a very good wine list for a 'village inn', very attentive and friendly service and a lovely old fashioned coaching inn atmosphere; I was almost tempted to burst into a folk song but my wife would have belted me!
If we had been staying longer and at a different time of year I wouldn't have wanted the same room; one on the upper storey would have been better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Three Kings is a traditional village pub in a pretty small village just two miles from the market town of Bury St Edmunds. Our rooms are situated in a separate block to the rear of the pub, meaning that they can be accessed 24hrs a day without causing disturbance or having to stick to the pub opening times. The rooms all have ensuite facilities, trouser press, hairdryer, fridge and a tv with freeview channels. WiFi is available in the pub and is free of charge. Most of the rooms can pick up the wi-fi. The pub itself is friendly and serves lovely home cooked food. Dogs are welcome in a specific area in the bar and also in the rooms providing they are well behaved. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Book Direct Rooms, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Three Kings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Three Kings Hotel Bury St. Edmunds
- The 3 Kings
- The Three Kings Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk