“Fabulous ”

Giggling Squid Bury St Edmunds
Description: What a lovely town! The church and the ruin are stunning. At the back of the church, only yards away from the main street, there’s a hidden oasis of calm. It’s so tranquil! I love stopping into it when I’m visiting Bury St Edmunds. We feel so lucky to have had such a warm, friendly reception to our Thai restaurant here. This Giggling Squid is definitely one of our most beautiful. The glass room at the back is so popular. It’s light and relaxing, just like sitting in a conservatory. I’m open to suggestions of where I can get big plant pots as the ones I ordered never turned up!
Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

We have eaten at the Norwich restaurant which was lovely so thought would give Bury at go too. Friendly welcoming staff, beautiful decor all round and food was delicious. Dumplings and duck spring rolls being my favourite. Eaten in many Thai restaurants and this has to be one of the best.

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Went here with one of my girls for a glass of wine and some food to chat and catch up and it was lovely, the food was superb and we had some sharing starters too. Restaurant was a lot busier and bigger than we thought, staff accommodated us as best as possible, I really enjoyed it, can’t wait to go again. Not five stars as is quite pricey depending what you order but still thoroughly enjoyable

Reviewed July 10, 2018

A lot bigger than it appears from outside, the choices on the menu were plentiful.
The food was excellent not too large a portion and the rice portions only just enough especially for the price. Very comfortable but I think it was a bit too expensive for the experience

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Food is just basic nothing special but there prices are ridiculous a 500mm bottle of lager beer over £7 and a small bottle nearly £4 THAI food is always expensive and this restaurant is no different and the portions are very small as well . My bill for a table of six came to £161 also check your bill because they slap a heavy service charge which they don’t tell you about. Nice settings but let down by what I’ve mentioned.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

The salt and pepper tapas and the crispy paw maew was very good. The crispy paw maee is fried watermelon leaf with peanut sause.

The Tom yum noodle was very yummy too.

Only catch is, they will charge you 10% service charge which is acceptable for this tasty food.