1,204 results
All reviews sea view seafood lovely hotel third floor superior room sea front evening meal overlooking the beach lounge area main course biscuits first class short break without exception staff were attentive night break one night stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Decided to visit Aldeburgh to have a walk and parked next to this hotel. Had a lovely walk along the seafront and decided to stop here for lunch before moving on. I sat outside with my two dogs and had the fish and chips which were fantastic. I popped into the bar and was so impressed with the decor and service have ‘earmarked’ it for a future stay.

Fab location
Great food
Impressive reception, bar and communal areas so I’m sure I wouldn’t be disappointed with the rooms which some are dog friendly.

Well worth a visit :-)

Trip type: Traveled solo
RobDBru, Duty Manager at The Brudenell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear RKJ001

Many thanks for your recent review.

It was my pleasure speaking with you and meeting you adorable 2 pooches. You are all welcome back any time you wish.

Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

Return visit and didn’t disappoint. We had a really nice meal for my wife’s birthday and went up to Thorpeness during the day to get a boat out. Nice staff and excellent location on the beach. Would recommend.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear twoollard

Many thanks for your recent review.

The team at the Brudenell hope your wife had an enjoyable birthday whilst staying with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 17, 2019

We booked this room through an olnline agency and we weren't offered a room with a sea view. When we arrived to check in I asked if one was available. It was, but at quite a cost! We took it anyway, Room 104, and it had a great sea view.

Nice, spacious room, good standard of soft furnishings, attractive paintings/prints on the walls, large comfortable bed, reasonably spacious shower/bathroom. Was it worth the extra money? Don't know, but we enjoyed it.

Breakfast was served in a modern, stylish room with views out to sea. Good selection of juices, fruits, youghurts, pastries, plus cooked dishes to order. Not huge portions, but fine for us. We had dinner one night in the same room. Nicely presented, good quality. There was a very noisy group at the bar but they were soon shown to a table at a distance from us.

My wife has a slight mobility problem, but with a lift right outside our door she could get anywhere she wanted without difficulty. There is a car park, but not room for many cars. After the first night I parked in the road at the front of the hotel. It is quite narrow, no space for turning, so it involves a long drive off in reverse.

Staff helpful and friendly. All the town's facilities only a 10-minute walk away. We enjoyed our stay.

Room tip: Pay extra for the sea view!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lanoo_Harve

Dear Lanoo_Harve

Many thanks for your recent review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Brudenell Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back, Its always best giving us a call here at the hotel when it comes to booking rooms, the team here get a real feel for what you are looking for and are usually able to help with room requests.

Reviewed April 7, 2019

So lovely to be back here, for my husband's birthday Best sea view in Aldeburgh. Super food and staff. Henrietta organised a birthday cake for us. It was huge and delicious! Thank you to the chefs too.

Room tip: Room 101 is the biggest seaview room.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
RobDBru, Duty Manager at The Brudenell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Dear Sara L

Many thanks for your recent review - there's no better way to start a Monday morning!

I hope your husband enjoyed his birthday celebrations at the Brudenell and i look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed April 5, 2019

Super location right on beach front with wonderful views across shingle beach and Aldeburgh. All staff most helpful, efficient and friendly - nothing too much trouble. Room very comfortable with plenty if toiletries, tea/coffee/milk and super fluffy towels. Bed very comfortable. Meals in restaurant excellent quality and value. Dinner menu uses local produce where posssible. Try the smoked sharing platter, yummy!! Fish main courses wonderful - substantial size - have a good appetite! Breakfast also worth taking time to savour specially cooked dishes eg avocado on toast with bacon & poached eggs / kippers / smoked haddock and poached eggs / full "suffolk" breakfast.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear 553Biang

Many thanks for your recent review. I have passed your lovely comments on to Darran and the kitchen team

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Brudenell hotel in the very near future