Having had two previous weekend stays here and on both occasions been very satisfied, my husband and I were somewhat surprised to find our most recent visit not up to the usual standard. I booked our weekend six months in advance and as usual was asked what time we'd like our dinner reservation. I requested 7.30pm and this was confirmed on the e.mail. However, on arrival we discovered we'd been booked in much later than that and despite me showing the confirmation, I was told it had been fully booked for 7.30pm! Really? Six months ago? So why hadn't we been told so at the time of booking? The following night we went down to dinner at our revised time to find we should have been there an hour earlier but no one had thought to communicate this further change to us iether! Our special (and not cheap!) weekend package also included 'Afternoon tea', as had our 'Valentine' weekend back in Feb. We'd had sandwiches, scones and mini cakes/desserts. Delicious. So, imagine our surprise when we received a much smaller 'Cream tea', and as lovely as this was, a 'Cream tea' is not the same as 'Afternoon tea'! When I politely asked reception what constituted 'Afternoon tea', I was told by the same very curt gentleman who'd dealt with the dinner reservations, that our 'package' included only a 'Cream tea' despite us paying the equivalent amount as our previous visit. Apparently, there are now three 'Afternoon tea' options, so check out exactly what you're getting for your money.
Our room was warm, clean and comfy and most other staff were helpful and accommodating.
This is still a lovely place to stay, but make sure if you book well in advance, that nothing has changed before your arrival date, as communication regarding these kind of changes certainly need improving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in an idyllic seaside setting, just a pebble's throw from Aldeburgh's shingle beach, the privately-owned Brudenell typifies all of the elements of a luxury four star seaside hotel. Following a complete refurbishment in 2010, it has been awarded 4 AA stars, a merit score of 85%, two rosettes and the coveted Visit Britain Gold Award. Our decadent bedrooms are distinctly decorated, incorporating vibrant colours so often associated with Aldeburgh and Suffolk. Enjoy soporific sea views, as well as beautiful views of the River Alde and the surrounding countryside. We are passionate about providing you with the very best service and a warm Suffolk welcome awaits you the minute you walk through the new doors of this fabulous hotel. So uniquely Aldeburgh. WiFi is available throughout the hotel for the convenience of our guests, the password for which can be obtained from reception. A stay at The Brudenell is perfect for those looking for a luxurious short break in Suffolk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your The Brudenell Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brudenell Hotel Aldeburgh
- The Brudenell Hotel Aldeburgh, Suffolk