This is the second visit to this hotel in a year and the quality has been maintained. Clean, comfortable and with superb sea views. The staff are helpful and give you a warm welcome to this boutique hotel which has quite good public spaces and well-designed rooms that cater for almost every need. As I write this we can hear the roiling sea crashing on the pebble beach. A wonderful calming sound for inlanders such as us. The restaurant serves excellent local food with a small but well balanced menu [sea food is a speciality] and whilst I enjoyed the pork medley my wife devoured the crab with alacrity. We couldn't fault either meal. The raspberry sweet was perhaps a little too sweet and could have done with more of the coulis to make is better balance but that is a small criticism and the attentive waiters ensured the meal was as unhurried as we wanted. Breakfasts are excellent too. Yes, it quite expensive compared to similar hotels in other parts of the country but Aldeburgh is a very special town (in beautiful county) with a unique atmosphere and the extra impact of the all-pervading sea more than compensates. Car parking can be difficult if the hotel is full and the ability to reverse in small streets is an advantage. Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in an idyllic seaside setting, just a pebble's throw from Aldeburgh's shingle beach, the privately-owned Brudenell typifies all of the elements of a luxury four star seaside hotel. Following a complete refurbishment in 2010, it has been awarded 4 AA stars, a merit score of 85%, two rosettes and the coveted Visit Britain Gold Award. Our decadent bedrooms are distinctly decorated, incorporating vibrant colours so often associated with Aldeburgh and Suffolk. Enjoy soporific sea views, as well as beautiful views of the River Alde and the surrounding countryside. We are passionate about providing you with the very best service and a warm Suffolk welcome awaits you the minute you walk through the new doors of this fabulous hotel. So uniquely Aldeburgh. WiFi is available throughout the hotel for the convenience of our guests, the password for which can be obtained from reception. A stay at The Brudenell is perfect for those looking for a luxurious short break in Suffolk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your The Brudenell Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brudenell Hotel Aldeburgh
- The Brudenell Hotel Aldeburgh, Suffolk