“Delightful”
Review of 34 Lee Road

34 Lee Road
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aldeburgh
34 Lee Road
Ranked #2 of 16 Aldeburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Very good B&B with memorable breakfasts, nice bedrooms, free wi-fi (that works in the bedrooms!), lots of helpful information on the local area. The friendly hosts were very helpful when my Mother wanted her duvet replacing the sheets/blankets. Close to town centre and street parking is free and easy. I can only think of two minor improvements - a slightly bigger breakfast room and/or larger tables (though in summer this wouldn't be an issue as apparently you can eat outside) and accepting credit card payment. I fully recommend this B&B for a stay in Aldburgh.

Room Tip: We booked all three rooms - and all are excellent.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank casperdoggy

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Beautiful room, comfortable beds, excellent breakfasts with a wide choice catering for all diets, friendly and knowledgable hosts. Peter worked as a conservation officer locally and has a wealth of knowledge about the local area, walks and wildlife. By far the best B&B we've ever stayed in and far better than most hotels.

Room Tip: We chose the room with the spa bath which was excellent
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank martin h
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Thank you Peter & Sue for yet another perfect stay. we now feel we are visiting very good friends!
Cream room a delight as usual. The duvets are so very comfy. Breakfasts absolutely fantastic.
We always choose from the specials boards which are so yummy!!
We will definitely return whenever possible and can thoroughly recommend 34, Lee Road to everyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank lorna t
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Peter and Sue (the hosts) friendly and very welcoming.Large room, spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated. 2 minutes' walk to the lovely town centre and sea front. And to top it all, a wonderfully cooked breakfast (pancakes with streaky bacon, cinnamon and plums for me, poached eggs with mushrooms and beans for my wife) which I am missing already. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KanDabaoo
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed last week and were very touched by the warmth and hospitality of Peter and Sue. The rooms are very comfortable, with lots of thoughtful attention to detail.

It is not an exaggeration to say that it is the best B&B we have both stayed in and we hope to return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank neebu
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I visited Aldeburgh recently as part of a nostalgic trip to the area where I spent many holidays in my youth - exploring, walking and learning to sail. 34 Lee Road is just around the corner from where I used to stay, centrally placed on the higher part of the town and - for me - in the perfect position (I was without a car so everything could easily be done on foot and by bus). What a very warm welcome I was given by the owners Peter and Sue Smith; the house has just been converted and I felt both in a luxury hotel and part of a family! The rooms are spacious and comfortable, each decorated in a separate colour and boasting many extra touches not usually found: a very wide selection of hot drinks, high quality biscuits - even a fresh bottle of mineral water provided each day. The en-suite bathroom was particularly luxurious and fitted with a top-quality shower. As for breakfast, this establishment has won an award or two, so don't eat too much the night before! (I don't think I have ever been served homemade bread at a B & B, but it was delicious and well worth it.) Peter and Sue are very helpful with local information and flexible if you need to arrive or leave outside standard times. The town, coast and countryside are wonderful so I strongly recommend a visit.

Room Tip: As far as I know, each of the three rooms is equally attractive and quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Peter H
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Our second stay, this time we brought the in-laws! They've travelled widely in the past and we wanted to bring them somewhere we could guarantee they would like. We slept well in the comfy beds and enjoyed the luxury of reading the papers with our breakfast.

Another great visit, look forward to visiting next year and sampling those scrummy breakfasts again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank angelandrew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldeburgh
Wentworth Hotel
The Crown & Castle
The Crown & Castle
#1 of 1 in Orford
Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa

Been to 34 Lee Road? Share your experiences!