“Not so cheap or cheerful”

TGI Fridays - Teesside
Order Online
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2019 via mobile

Very busy and birthday songs galore. Pasta was dry, device was slow but overall inoffensive.

Quick meal and bounce but all in all, a bit naff. The cheese tasted like melted plastic and it was quite unclean.

1  Thank DanTheGreat123

Reviewed May 25, 2019 via mobile

My daughter was attending Radio 1's Big Weekend in Middlesbrough and we had arranged to pick her up after it ended. Having eaten here before and enjoyed it, we decided to eat here again while we waited.
We arrived shortly after 8 pm on the Saturday night and were quickly given a table with our menus. Our server was very attentive and whilst taking our orders asked if we were celebrating anything. It had been my husband's birthday the previous Wednesday so I mentioned it.
When our starters arrived, I was given chicken strips not the mushroom strips I had ordered but this was apologised for and very quickly rectified. Our mains arrived and were lovely. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his rack of ribs and I enjoyed my warrior burger and fries (I was unable to finish it as it was too much). We then ordered a fudge cake to share which was lovely. We finished off with coffees just as we received a message to say the concert was winding up. As we paid the bill, our server remembered I'd mentioned my husband's birthday and gave him a boxed slice of cake to take home.
I do enjoy eating at TGIFridays. I have never had a bad meal and I can definately say that the staff at the Teesside branch helped to make the night.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 8, 2019

Although noisy everything was good. The service was friendly, quick and accurate. The food was good. Very impressed with the fruit and vegetable slices given to my grandson while we were waiting for our meals. and to help entertain him our waitress made hinm a balloon animal. This helped!! Nothing seemed to be any trouble for the staff even when said grandson spilt his juice all over the table. Well done!!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2019

Please see review from MCS 1969. Our experience was similar. This was a real shame as the premises and the menu looked really nice.

Reviewed April 29, 2019

I visited here with a group of girls a few weeks ago, then again today. It was so nice to have a gluten free menu to choose from. The food was lovely on both occasions. The order was taken by the manager who was fully understanding of my coeliac allergy, which gave me reassurance on both occasions. It was so nice to eat what everyone else was eating which I find difficult at times. Excellent friendly service from the manager and Olivia our server today.