“Fantastic”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2019

Been twice in this very small but nice restaurant. I know nothing about Greek kitchen so can't compare but I was very pleased with what I've got. Very tasty and decent portions. Very helpful and friendly stuff. Really worth to visit.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

Me and my husband were stopping at the Hampton by Hilton hotel, and this little restaurant was directly opposite and a lovely hidden gem. The atmosphere, staff, and food were lovely. Me and my husband ordered the meat meze which was a mixture of dishes for a set price. All of the courses were delicious and we certainly didn’t go hungry. We will definitely be back if we’re in the area and would definitely recommend to anyone who stays at the Hampton by Hilton hotel.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

My husband treated us to a meze here this evening and we were both blown away by the service, lovely staff, care taken about my food intolerances and even more so by the fabulous food!

Where to begin... from arrival to leaving we were so well taken care of. I am often really nervous eating out at new restaurants as I am coeliac (gluten free) and have a nut allergy. We were so well taken care of and it is clear that the owners know every ingredient that goes in to the food, telling me what I could and couldn’t eat. One of the first times I have been offered a lovely starter of crudités to go with delicious hummous! The lovely lady owner kept a watchful eye over what was served and even went so far as to provide a delicious mushroom dish as an alternative to a gluten containing dish.

The ambience is great and lovely music to listen to. We will definitely recommending to family and friends and most definitely be back soon!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

I so wanted this to be good, it has an authentic Greek feel when you enter and I had such high hopes, the menu gave options of classic dishes, however, the dishes on arrival looked amazing but tasted terrible, neither myself or my partner could eat the meals, the seasoning was over powering, almost like it was a half hearted attempt at a dish. , the food was expensive and inedible, at one point I noticed meals being heated in a microwave behind the bar, which was quite concerning for the prices they were charging, wouldn’t visit again!

Date of visit: March 2019
2  Thank Moira H
KaminakiTaverna, Manager at Kaminaki Greek Taverna, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2019

I do wish that you had made your dissatisfaction clear when we checked that your table was happy with the meal - as we always do, some minutes after serving the food. We would, of course, have offered you something else if you had told us that you were not enjoying your meals (unlike the overwhelming majority of our customers who are delighted with their dishes).
Just a small point: the microwave behind the bar is for the sole purpose of warming up chocolate fudge cake and baklava, should customers prefer them warm. We certainly don't heat ‘meals’!
Can I suggest, for your own future enjoyment when you dine out, that you make your feelings known to restaurant staff? By doing this, your concerns can be dealt with and you will, no doubt, enjoy your dining out experiences much more.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

We ate here on Thursday for a corporate dinner. Our party took over the whole restaurant and it was fantastic! The food, service and ambience were all equally amazing! I would highly recommend!

Date of visit: April 2019