“Consistently Good”
Review of The Waiting Room

The Waiting Room
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have eaten at the Waiting Room several times now over the past 5 years and have never been disappointed with the food.
The atmosphere is always really relaxed and this makes is a very pleasant place to spend the evening. The menu changes with the seasons, and there is always something new and delicious to tempt me.
I am vegan and wheat-intollerant and there is always a few dishes on the menu that can be adapted to meet my requirements.
The service can sometimes be slow, but the food more than makes up for this, and the laid back atmosphere makes it the sort of place that discourages you from rushing your meal: far more pleasant than the chain restaurants that want you away from the table asap so that they can get another cover in.
I have never managed more than two courses in this restaurant because the portions are always so generous, so if you want to sample the menu either wear your fat-pants, or go for sharing a starter and dessert with your other table guests. And I highly recommend their hot chocolate as a great way to finish your meal (if you don't have room for dessert): it is absolutely spot on!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have been here quite a few times on a lunchtime and have loved the food and the atmosphere. I went with a few friends during the week on an evening and didn't enjoy it as much. It was much quieter which you would expect mid week but the atmosphere was pretty flat. On a lunchtime the mains come with a small side salad in a separate bowl and bowl of roasted new potatoes, however on an evening the sides are an extra cost. We didn't stay until particularly late but when we were the last table left the lights were switched off leaving us with the impression that we should finish our drinks and leave. It would be better with music on in the background when its quieter.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Congratulations on your award once again and shame on the Observer for not mentioning
you in their magazine,so anyone who hasn't visited you ....get yourself to the Waiting room
the food is utterly fantastic and the organic wines from Skinningrove have got to be some of the best in the world.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

we have been to waiting room many, many times. always lovely vegetarian food, dedicated staff, ethical, friendly. recommending it with all my heart (and stomach)

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Went for my Birthday meal with my friends on a Friday evening.
Atmosphere was perfect, relaxing and service was with a smile.
The drinks menu was extensive, with a lot of interesting choices, including locally sourced organic wines and a great selection of beers and ciders. If you don't drink alcohol there is a great range of freshly pressed juices or cordials to choose from.

The food we ordered was delicious. Everyone was really happy with their dishes. All cooked to a very high standard. Note if your plan on going yourself don't eat for a full day before because the portions are huge! The staff even packed our left overs away for us which I ate the next day for lunch!

We managed to fit in desserts which also tasted fantastic and were all homemade.

Well priced for the quality/quantity of food and although I am not a vegetarian myself, I could easily become one if this is the type food I'd be eating!