Review Highlights
Photography day out

davidmwarden
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Beautiful butterflies - very reasonably priced !

J7313NRandrewh
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

All reviews beautiful butterflies quail preston park meerkat enclosure butterflies flying meer cats koi carp different species small attraction large fish exotic plants taking photos worth a visit lovely place gift shop butterfly house rainy day
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

An interesting experience having exotic butterflies floating around and on you. A warm welcome literally when you enter into the extremely humid world of the butterfly. A great time and very good value for money. Your ticket is a multiple visit one. Recommended.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My Wife and I took our 2 Grandchildren (3 and 6) here in October , and they absolutely loved it .There were loads of beautiful Butterflies and plants to see , there were also some very large Koi Carp Fish which the kids were fascinated by the size of. They have a pen with Mere cats , an Ant farm and a selection of reptiles also .For a small entrance fee you can go in and out as often as you want , which comes in very handy as there is a large play park near by also . To sum up , For less than £12 Our kids were thoroughly entertained for 2 hours - job done !

1  Thank J7313NRandrewh
Reviewed October 2, 2018

I suppose it is near the end of the season, so the number of butterflies was low, but still interesting. The meerkat and vivarium need a revamp.

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Never seem so many different butterflies, such beautiful creatures highly recommend this place to kids plenty to see

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

The park and surrounding facilities lift it to make it a day out.

I think it is a good place for a range of ages. I took a 2 and 3 year old and they loved it but I think an older child would also have fun and would take more time to identify the butterflies etc.

I think they could work on their customer service a bit and perhaps upsell the butterfly ID cards a bit more as I would have liked to know what I was looking at and a bit more about the conservation side and I think they could have a leaflet for 50p that explained some of that (I know they do the ID cards for £1 but I wasn’t offered one and didn’t spot them until the end).

Overall thought it was really nice though.

1  Thank Vacationer810113
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Doesn’t take long to go around but still a great place. Very relaxing and fun for both adults and kids, my five year old daughter loved it and my seven year old son who is disabled went into a happy relaxed mood

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

In desperate need of supervision inside the butterfly house. Signs telling visitors not to handle the butterflies were openly ignored . Not a single member of staff present to stop children scraping the butterflies of the foliage. Large numbers of the butterflies look damaged. Lack of educational material available. Bizarre meerkat enclosure tagged on, which appears awfully small. Everything had an overall grimey and cheap feel to it.

2  Thank Dat_Boi2000
Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

Was really excited to come to butterfly world - upon arrival the two ladies at the front desk weren’t terribly welcoming but we’re okay to deal with. Price of entry was very fair as you can re-enter throughout the day. Signs clearly state not to touch the butterflies but this rule is NOT enforced by management at all!!! Parents / staff allowing kids to manhandle the beautiful creatures until their wings broke and they just crawled on the floor. Absolute lack of education and care. However the plants and water feature was lovely. The place is not really big enough for all of the prams and buggies that we’re in there and many ran over the butterflies. In the following room many reptiles in small enclosures and some gloomy looking meerkats. Overall I won’t be returning as I felt awful paying to see the cruelty and clear lack of care the staff have for the place. With a bit of care and attention this place could be wonderful but would involve the staff leaving their desks to educate people and the kids not to touch these delicate animals!!!

1  Thank kittenkid10
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful place, wonderful for all ages. My dad was as equally amazed as my 8 year old daughter. The butterflies are fabulous. I was just as impressed with the ant farm, meerkats and fish! I liked how you could go in and out once you’d paid; ideal with having a fab play park just outside. Reasonably priced too.

1  Thank rachicake
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

Visited butterfly world today what an enchanting place. Walk in the door and in a heartbeat you are surrounded by some of the most beautiful creatures you are ever likely to see. Its all up close and personal as they land on you as you walk through the simulated tropical rainforest. On top of this you have a reptile house and a small meerkat exhibit (everyone loves meerkats). In short a fabulous place for young and old alike and situated in Preston park with its museum and kids play park a recipie for a great family day out. And the time just flutters by .