“very pleased!”

Best Western Parkmore Hotel
Reviewed March 24, 2009

i thought the hotel was very good for a 3 star hotel! the service in the restaurant was fantastic. i stayed in a newly refurbished room which was contemporary but not over the top. I was told all the rooms are getting done..I would definatley recommend it and will be going back in the future! thank you to all the staff for a great stay! and to that idiot who slated it, a message to the parkmore staff, you dont want people like that staying with you anyway! cheers!

• Stayed: February 2009
1  Thank James2296

Reviewed March 6, 2009

After finding this hotel on the web it looked lovely, on check in I was impressed with the reception area, restaurant and bar.

However on going up the lovely staircase to my room I was very disappointed, room 126 (avoid if you can) is very dated, quite a big room with a really old sofa bed and 2 little portable televisions, that would not work with the control the bedroom control was all taped up. I found the room rate quite expensive for what I actually received.

I asked for the bedding to be changed after turning back to bed I find a very old pink blanket one the dog would sleep in, this made my stomach turn and I cannot believe a hotel would still use blankets on beds. The bed was confortable. The noise outside the room was terrible I think I was over the generator which constantly buzzed the whole night and kept me awake for most of it.

Food was lovely and staff were friendly, I would only say if booking this hotel make sure you ask for a refurbished room. Hope you find my comments useful.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2009

stayed here before, more than once in fact. the work is coming on great, it is almost finished now and it is a mojor improvement cosiering they have basically refurbed a victorian house from top to bottom. Always clean, Staff always friendly ( The old geordie night porter has since moved on, good for a laugh after a late night!!) the gym facilities are still really good,ok so if you are young ( or supergran!!) and looking for fall out excitement then this is not the place for you, but if a good quiet hotel where you can get a good night sleep (check there are no funtions though) and some fantastic food at a fair price, then look no further, and to the people who complain all the time, try just asking the staff to help, I have never had a problem. all in all its 9.5 out of 10 for me.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank placidmaster
Reviewed February 21, 2009

On arrival at the hotel and was greeted by a very friendly and proffesional receptionist who checked me in without fuss.
I had booked a double room for 1 person, the room had a double bed but not much room for anything else. After reading some of the other reviews I realise I must have had one of the un-refurbished rooms as the decor and furniture were dated. The bathroom was also dated but everything was very clean.
I didn't eat at the hotel but the bar was very nice.
The gym is more like a 1970's local authority sports centre than a modern gym, however there are very few hotels for this money that has a gym of any sort.. THe swimming pool/spa area is excellent.
Overall the hotel is OK, the service is good but the hotel needs updating.
The downside is you have to pay for internet access which is a pain when you are tthere on business.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2009

I can't understand these negative reviews at all.

The staff are professional and we had a warm greeting on arrival.
Our room was fresh and spotlessly clean so maybe we had a re-furbished one.It was tastefully decorated and comfortable.

The food was delicious and certainly not the bland 'Christmas Menu' one is often offered at this time of year.

There is a lovely looking pool area but I didn't use it as I'm not a winter swimmer!

We had a good experience here and the other guests certainly looked happy.

I travel a great deal and I'd book in here anytime. Some people are professional moaners!

P.S Yarm is charming also.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank havanamoon
Reviewed December 19, 2008

Yuck! We stayed here as a last minute choice. Big mistake. The room was tiny and was a throw back to the 1980s. Bathroom was disgusting, mould everywhere, smelly. The bed was comfy but I brought in my own pillow from the car the pillows offered looked very old. This hotel is in serious need of a refit and refurb as it really is a cheek to charge people to stay here. This hotel really needs to invest some money because as it stands it is a dump.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank contentas
Sasha636, Director at Best Western Parkmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2009

We are an independant family run Hotel, and have started a refurbishment programme since taking over the property 18 months ago. The Hotel is a popular and busy place, and we can only do so much work at any one time. We are in the process of working our way through all of the bedrooms, having already completed the Restauant, Lobby areas, Bar, and function rooms - all to a four star standard!
Had a room move been requested, we would have done our best to accommodate the guest, and feel it was a shame we did not have the chance to put things right during the stay.

Reviewed October 12, 2008