“1st time”

Ranked #11 of 539 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving up its painstakingly sourced menu of succulent steak dishes, Miller & Carter is devoted to all things beef. Alongside delicious cuts from the grill, the diverse menu includes build-your-own burgers, market-fresh fish dishes and a range of tempting nibbles. Chilled draught beers, cooling cocktails and an extensive list of tipples are found behind the bar, or guests can choose from the well-stocked wine cellar.
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“1st time”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This steakhouse was recommended to us by the reception at Premier inn, having not stayed near here before was unsure but the meal was very good and if in the area again would go again, the steak was done to the exact way that I like it medium/well done, the starter had a nice dip with the chicken wings, the garlic and cheese mushrooms were lovely as well.

Staffordshire
“ready to eat”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

If your going here book in advance!

We didn't and arrived at 7p.m. we had a drink at the bar, then had another and finally got a table at 8.40pm. the food was OK at best, not as hot as it should have been, cool chips and cool side orders, but by then we were just happy to be eating,by now it was 9.15pm. Setting was very good, very convivial and unhurried (and perhaps that's the problem) no complaints about portion size. will there be a next time..I'm not sure but if we do I'll book first!
Regular uses say it's very busy every day and they weren't wrong!
Parking was chronic!

Shropshire
“Best steaks ever....”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Was taken for a birthday meal, as a suprise, meeting friends there. Beauitiful building, great range on menu. Staff were very friendly and attentive. It was hard to choose from the options of steaks with sides, as what to have...opted for calamari to start, which was crisp, fresh and I could have ate it 10 times over it wasso nice. For main I had a rump steak and half a lobster tail...mmmmm. You also get a choice of dressings for your half iceberg lettuce, and a range of sauces for your steaks... my friends shared the chateau briand, and my husband had the rib eye... Every steak was cooked to perfection. Was so glad for this lovely suprise. They also cook til 10pm, so now we know this, can stop again on our travels. Thanks to the team for a wonderful birthday evening. A credit to the Manager 'Andy' who popped over to wish me happy birthday and check that we were happy with everything, and that the staff were taking care of us, what a lovely extra touch.

• Visited January 2013
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“What a let down”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went to this restaurant with family for a birthday meal, we chose it because it claimed to be good for steaks. We were sat very close to a particularly noisy party but didn't let it bother us. The food however did. I ordered a fillet steak with a lobster tail on the side, I asked for hand cut chips but was told that it was not possible, KFC style sticks arrived. the lobster was cold and had to be sent back, the original one returned which had just been reheated. The main problem however was with my steak, it had a layer of fat around it and a 1 inch lump of gristle in the middle. it was tough and tasteless I didn't complain at the time but the next day asked my local butcher if fillet should have fat and gristle. He firstly laughed out loud but when I told him why he was disgusted. I e-mailed Miller and Carter to tell them and they did not respond.
There are many excellent restaurants around and we shall visit all of them before we ever go back to Miller and Carter. Try the old Hall in Sandbach, the steaks are excellent and thier chefs are capable of cooking chips!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank rich_n_karen
Cheshire
“Standards fallen through the floor”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We used to enjoy our regular visits here , but last Saturday changed that. Changed menu , soggy onion loaf..., endless pestering to sell me drinks I can't consume , and different tables.