“The Cross family Golden Wedding Anniversary Celebration”

The Church Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #124 of 570 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We visited the Church Restaurant on Saturday 4th May 2013 for a large family celebration and have to say what a great night we had. Both the food and service was fab and the hosts/owners couldnt have been more welcoming and friendly. The staff were attentive and visited the table often to check we were ok and having a good time, which we were.
It was a really important celebration for us all and in no way were we disappointed with everything on offer. After our meal we went down to the bar and disco area and continued our great time down there, There isnt many (or any) restaurants that offer this facility and somewhere to continue to party so this kept the family together too instead of going our separate ways after the meal.
I'm not sure what some of the other reviewers have seen or experienced however we are here to say it was great, this is not our first visit to The Church for family celebrations and i'm sure it wont be our last.
Keep up the great value for money, good service, warm and welcoming environment, your guests and visitors wont be disappointed.
The (very happy) Cross family.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I don't understand the reviews about the bad food/service in this restaurant, I could not disagree more.
I live in London & stay with friends in Stoke 2/3 times a year.
This was my third visit to the Church, & only wish I could eat here more often.
The food is superb, & the staff couldn't be more helpful.

Already looking forward to my next visit to enjoy a fabulous meal in a very unusual setting!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We visited The Church at Saturday Lunchtime, when we arrived there was no other customers there, as soon as we entered the "head waiter's" attitude but us on edge, he was very rude and when a member of our family asked for their meal to be cooked in a certain way they were informed that they would pretty much get what they were given. The waiter had very poor customer service skills and had a "like it lump it attitude" I can safely say that after our first and last visit here we will definitely save our money and "lump it"

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Having visited this restuarant previously with no bad experience we booked for lunch with some visiting relatives. From the minute we arrived the service was terrible; the head 'waiter' has an attitude problem larger than the portion sizes. One of my guests simply asked for medium fried eggs and was told 'you'll have them how they come'- we were one of two tables present at the time!! The food wasn't too bad but it left a sour taste following the poor service. We'll not be visiting again.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Went to The Church for a birthday celebration . A disaster from beginning to end , firstly the bar and the ridiculously expensive drinks , where the rude barman knocked a drink over my partner , then said well don't let it ruin your night !. Once we sat down in the rather shabby restaurant service was rushed and rather rude with no pleasantries at all . Food was a let down , my starter of haddock and poached egg was ok , the egg was piping hot the fish and sauce were cold . My main of supposedly gammon and eggs was dire , sliced cold ham with an egg on top . I seriously could have had a better meal at Weatherspoons ! I wouldn't recommend theis place at all .