“A perfect place to stay if you visit WaterWorld”

and 1 more site!
Tollgate Hotel & Leisure
Ranked #3 of 17 Stoke-on-Trent B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 29, 2010

My boyfriend, his four children & I stayed here after a day at Waterworld & it was just perfect for our requirements.
The staff were so very helpful & accomodating to our requirements with two rooms next door. The extra beds had not been provided & they were up within 5 minutes of us getting into our rooms. They were also so helpful with extra tea bags etc.....
Really nice staff who went out of their way to help us.
Breakfast was really good value for money also.
They also pointed out that we had been charged too much for our room & gave us some money back !!!!
It is not the Ritz however fully met all our requirements and was great for a one night good value for money stay. Thanks.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank emmacooke47
There are newer reviews for Tollgate Hotel & Leisure

Reviewed August 29, 2010

booked this hotel when everything else was booked around Alton Towers. Tried for a family room for the 5 of us but the super friendly and efficient guy on reception offered 2 rooms for the same price. Was 22 mins from At to the hotel through some stunning scenery.
Got there late after a day at AT with 4 kids all starving and had a fantastic warm welcome and a great basic fish and chips dinner in the bar. Good guest beers.
Rooms were clean and comfy. Plenty of room. Lashings of northern hospitality and a great cooked brekkie. The woman on breakfasts was a gem.
Highly recommended for knackered parents. Clean rooms, TV with freeview, good showers, good parking, FRIENDLY.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Good location, room offer everything you needed for a night 's sleep over, Peacefull location.
Breakfast was ok, for the price would have expected full breakfast ,
Staff really nice and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2009

We visited Stoke on Trent to see the Potteries and stayed at the Tollgate. From check-in till we left the staff were friendly, helpful and accommodating. The room, although dated, was clean and the bed very comfortable. Do not bother about going out to get food. The restaurant has some of the best food I have tasted (the Salmon especially was just exquisite) and the staff and service was excellent. What you get for the price and hospitality, in my opinion, would take some beating and the bonus of the fitness centre facilities thrown in.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sav1752
Reviewed August 18, 2009

We booked this hotel recently for an inbetween stay on two days to Alton Towers. We had a large family room that accommodated five beds without any problems and the room was clean. The staff were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. I informed the staff when booking that I was a coeliac and that a continental breakfast could be a problem and I would probably bring my own. However at breakfast I was asked if I would like toast I mentioned about being a coeliac and was informed they had got gluten free bread in especially for me. The kids loved the hotel and it was quiet. We had arranged to eat out and there was a Harvester and Toby Carvery nearby. All in all a pleasant experience and we would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank sjws
Reviewed October 21, 2008

Stayed here for 2 nights within the last week on a business trip to the aea:

Check In:
Not great as the guy on the desk was new. We all have to learn so not really an issue although all the details held about me upon check in were wrong and had to go through them again although i just spent 6 hours travelling.

Room:
Nice enough. Mostly what you want in a room and i must say, very clean and tidy. The beds are very uncomfortable though as they are so hard. So like it, some dont.he lack of WiFi is a BIG BIG sticking point, especially for business travellers. Come on Tollgate....move into the 21st century.

Restaurant:
Nice food and nice ambient atmosphere. Service excellent. Best part of my stay.

Bar Area:
Good aswell. SKY Sportsd TV.s, good seating area. Nice bar snacks. Drinks very reasonable. Internat connection points available here but really not the best place as VERY inconvenient.

Check Out:
Another shambles as there was no record of me even checking in. I had a taxi waiting and this was far from good. It took over 25 minutes for me to check out.

Overall:
It was just OK for the two nights. I doubt i would stay again as i think it is actually not very good value. With my work i travel all over the country and for £65 a night i would expect, at the very least, WiFi in the room.

A more reasonable £50 per night would be more the correct rate for this hotel (motel really).

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank blitzen001
Reviewed July 23, 2007

I booked the Tollgate online through the hotel's website for its price and vacinity to Alton Towers. It was my hubbys birthday so four of us travelled down for the day and an overnight stay at the Tollgate.

The price for what you get is superb. We paid £54 per room per night and anywhere else near Alton Towers was a lot more. You got a lovely free continental breakfast included in that or you could order a full english for £5.95. We were all a bit hungover so we stuck with the continental!

The rooms are clean and nicely decorated, they have hairdryers and tea/coffee making facilities and a trouser press (although have never used one and wouldn't know how!).

The only slight complaint I had was a fowl up with our reservation. I booked two double rooms and once we checked in we discovered they had given us a twin room. After a bit of panic they managed to sort us out though and all was well with the world.

The bar was good, quick service even thought they had a function on elsewhere in the hotel and a good selection of both draught and bottled beers which made us all very happy. Prices were very reasonable too.

All in all I would really recommend this hotel. If we go to Alton Towers again I'll definitely be staying here.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank mercynet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke-on-Trent
Travelodge Stoke on Trent Trentham
#2 of 5 in Stone
Best Western Stoke East
Best Western Stoke East
#7 of 12 in Stoke-on-Trent

Been to Tollgate Hotel & Leisure? Share your experiences!