“A frequent visitor” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of NOM Restaurant & Bar Hanley - MOVED

NOM Restaurant & Bar Hanley
Cuisines: British, Pizza, European
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Tucked away, hidden from view on a first floor period building within Hanley, you will find something unexpected. Beautifully seasonal cooked food, relaxed surroundings and friendly service. This is NOM.
Madeley, crewe, United Kingdom
“A frequent visitor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have been several times since this has opened & each time I've tried something different, I've never found the food to be anything less than 'nommy'. (Sorry) I've enjoyed the ambiance the banter with the staff & the alcohol ( gin & tonic !! ) My favourite dish so far is the fish & chips, & the cheesecake desert is quite honestly the best I've tasted.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“dont go here unless you want to leave hungry and disappointed.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Went to Nom a few nights ago and can safely say I won't be returning or recommending to any of my friends or family. The food was of a very poor standard and there wasn't a lot of it either. I had the chicken fajitas, very poor, the sauce tasted like tomato puree or cheap, plain tomato, pasta sauce. There was a couple of bits of chicken and red pepper in the bowl which was served with 2 wraps and a miniscule amount of cheap grated cheese. No condiments were offered and the waiter was away from the front of house for a very long time. Service was poor, food was poor, overall atmosphere and experience was poor. What a shame, the city needs some new nice places to eat.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
leonburton, Owner at NOM Restaurant & Bar Hanley, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Lauralu1989

Thank you for your review.

I am disappointed to hear of the problems you experienced on your visit.

The team always perform a check back on main meals - I am unsure as to why your concerns were not voiced at the time if you felt so strongly about your poor experience or you did not ask to speak to a manager as there is always a manager on site available.

When main meals are provided, the team always ask if you would like any sauces and we do have available ketchup, vinegar, BBQ sauce, mayonnaise etc available. As much as the team are a fantastic bunch, I am not sure about their mind reading skills!

I've definitely passed your comments on to the kitchen team and will ask them to review the chicken fajitas - which usually, are a fantastic dish.

I would love to have the chance to speak to you further about your visit, if you could send your details over to leon@nomrestaurant.com that would be fantastic. I'd love to welcome you back.

“Beautiful as always!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I decided to go to Nom to take advantage of there 50% off food offer on Monday! I had the fajitas and my partner had the steak and ale pie! We both had an unlimited refillable soft drink. Beautiful! Cannot complain! Then to my amazement the bill was just over £8!?!!! There was a bit of a scene with an awkward, verging on horrible, customer but the waiter seemed to deal with the situation with amazing professionalism, pat on the back to him! Will be back soon! <3 Nom!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“BIG No No”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

At first all seemed OK. Cant really complain about the food but it was not special either. We found the drinks a bit pricey compared to the food prices. Warm bottle of Lager was around £3.50? I wouldnt mind pay £4.00 as long as it was cold.
Before we asked for desserts I went to the toilets......If I had gone before ordering starters I wouldnt have even eaten here!!!!! Not good......very dirty, no soap, hand dryer didnt work, toilet filthy......Sorry but there is no excuse for a toilet to be in this state at 1.30pm.
I asked for the bill and left.
Sorry guys but you will never see us back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
leonburton, Owner at NOM Restaurant & Bar Hanley, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Sofie G

I'm upset to hear of the condition of the toilets on your visit.

There is a toilet rota in place and will look in to whether this was completed on the day in question.

The hand dryers are in working order as tested daily, however, there is some confusion as to how they work. There is a small silver button in the middle which starts the hand dryer - which I do agree is not entirely obvious to inform you that's the button to press! I will place notices for future customers.

I would love to welcome you back, if you could drop your contact details to me at leon@nomrestaurant.com I will certainly look in to your concerns and would love to invite you back.

stoke on trent
“poor but very close to being terrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Went on a Monday night liked the idea of 50 percent off most food, there was 4 other people in apart from us. The decor is nice and simple and suits hanley after being given a menu and ordering drinks I asked for a pint glass of ice for with my drink as ice wasn't offered he said we havnt got a pint glass abruptly as tho he thought I was cheeky for asking but still come back with a pint glass anyway! I I ordered thai fishcakes and lasagne with chips partner had bruschetta and fajitas. The fishcakes were that small it took me 7 seconds to eat them no salad are anything on the plate just two tiny fishcakes which tasted a bit below average, the dish was that small I would have felt embarrassed to serve it. The bruschetta was slightly below average. The lasagne arrived and was badly overcooked at least a quarter of the mince was black and it was extremely dry. I said I didn't want it the waiternhad a bad attitude when I complained perhaps he is sick of people complaining, the fajitas were poor too, an unenjoyable visit all round service and food. I was gutted because hanley needs a good restaurant perhaps they are still finding their feet as the recent local paper said. The waiter shouldn't need months to find his feet though I didn't like his bad attitude. If leon wants to contact me to discuss this further don't hesitate to do

Dear Johnnyboy76_12

Thank you for your review.

Your feedback was taken on board on the evening, as I agree the lasagne was overcooked and this was addressed with the kitchen team.

On any occasion, I would certainly welcome any one back, however, confrontational questions & behavior & rudeness towards my team is unacceptable no matter what the complaint is.