“Not really changed for the better....”
Review of Syndicate

Cuisines: Bar, Pub, British
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Stoke on Trent
“Not really changed for the better....”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Called in for the first time since 'Syndicate' became the 'Auctioneer' for a pub lunch. Now a 'Last Orders' pub. Sports bar (loads of TV's), cheap booze (but little real ales), basic food menu (usual pub fare etc).

Can't say I was overly impressed. Gone is the wide selection of ciders (just Strongbow & Kopperberg now) and a really quite limited food menu compared to what 'Syndicate' used to offer. Only 3 desserts: Ice Cream, Cheesecake, Chocolate Fudge Cake.

I had a bacon/cheeseburger and chips for £6. Not the best. My friend had ham/egg/chips for £4 which he enjoyed well enough. Strongbow was £2 a pint as were most of the popular lagers/bitters. Probably not going to bother calling in that often. Even Wetherspoons has more to offer now!

• Visited June 2013

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“A nice eating place”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Eat at The Syndicate ( now undergoing a refurb) .once a week or more,good quality food,good variety of food,good customer service,hope the refurb,is.nt too modern.

• Visited March 2013
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Absolutely aweful”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Disgusting meal. 2 hour wait for burger and chips and ice cream pudding. Shockingly rude staff. Paid with club card vouchers, glad i didn't part with any cash!

My wife had to re-order her meal 4 times as the boy on the bar didn't even know what was available. The female manager couldn't have been any more ruder, slinging our pudding in front of use with a mutter after 50 mi s of waiting for the pudding, which looked like a toilet explosion. And the only time one member of staff smiled was when he took a liking to my wife. We
will never eat here again or the smith and jones food chain after this experience.

Eat here at your own risk

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank P1987S
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Awfull food and service”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We ate tonight Sunday 17th 2 adults 2 kids apart from us there were around 10 other people in pub so a quiet night first before we ordered I was told there is some things we've ran out of I asked if they had steak and gammon and yes that was on offer I actually decided on chicken new Yorker but when tried to order they had no chicken! Oh well ham and eggs would have to do on arrival the first thing we noticed was my sons breaded fish fingers as pictured on the menu was actually 1 long fish finger with batter which he hates mine and husbands chips were nearly cold and all food was swimming in fat. As I had paid with club card rewards I didn't bother sending the food back if I had paid for it I would have sent the lot back and walked out. Next we all finished and carried on a game of pool whilst our dirty plates still sat on the table the staff could see us playing pool so must have known we had finished but still no one came to collect the plates in the space of 20 mins I saw 2 staff pour 2 drinks and do not a lot else my children's deserts were also still not in sight I went to go to the bar to complain as one of the staff came to take the plates I explained I was appalled that they had been left for 20 mins and my kids still had no dessert he just shrugged it off and took the plates next insult was the manager coming over to say so sorry we only have 1 portion of ice cream which bear in mind an hour before we had ordered 2 kids ice creams! This was enough for us we ended up saying its fine just leave it and we made a hasty retreat never to return to this awfull place again. Maybe we just hit a bad night will I go back to find out NO CHANCE!!

Stoke on Trent
“Nice watering hole/food stop in the City Centre.”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I usually frequent this venue when meeting ex-work colleagues for a pub lunch. It's nicely maintained with a good variety of food options and an excellent selection of beers/ciders. Not the cheapest for food, but the quality is ok (think Yates/Wetherspoons). The location is excellent, decent size with variety of seating options. Also open at night as a bar too! Worth a look.