Tripadvisor

Bookatable
Ranked #416 of 642 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Cuisines: British, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Harvester Trentham Lakes in Stoke on Trent food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like. A family friendly restaurant there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Fenton, Trent Vale and Blurton, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice restaurant, food is decent and the staff were on the whole awesome, catered for a birthday cake we gave them, had a new starter who was awesome.. overall pretty decent.

Date of visit: January 2020
GeneralManagerAA, Owner at Harvester Trentham Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Reef_spencer, we are glad we could help!

Write a reviewReviews (871)

Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

Staying at the Holiday Inn next door on business didn’t fancy the hotel microwave rubbish so visited the Harvester. Walked in looked very pleasant and obeyed the sign “please wait to be seated” and boy did I wait. At least three different members of staff walked by several times looking at me but not even acknowledging me. Eventually I was approached by a guy and I requested a table for one, he asked if I had a reservation to which I replied no. I was then told it would be at least an hours wait despite their being loads of empty tables in the restaurant. I asked if I could open a tab and eat one the bar he replied yes and gave me a couple of menus, he said it’s exactly the same as the restaurant other than you place your order at the bar.
I found somewhere to sit and made my choice, I approached the sour faced young lady at the bar who I overheard bleating to the guy who gave me the menus about how busy she was ( the place was empty). After blanking me for a couple of minutes she asked could she help, I explained I would like to open a tab and order some food. She took my order and then asked for payment I said I would like to open a tab but she said that wasn’t possible and I had to pay as I went, I explained the guy that had seated me said I could open a tab but she said she wasn’t allowed to do so. I paid for my meal and requested a VAT receipt which to be fair she did print. I took my drink and asked about the salad bar and was told it was included, walked over to it but there were no plates, went back to the bar to find a dish had been deposited there, this had the remains of someone else’s dinner stuck to it. I asked if I could have a clean dish and got another one almost thrown at me. It still wasn’t clean but better than the previous one so I thought I best just accept it and get on with it. Interesting whilst waiting to be seated I saw several people swap their salad bowls and if you read through the feedback this seems to be a common issue (so clearly this place doesn’t take on board customers concerns)
I then visited the salad bar which I would best describe as rank, everything was mixed up and there was what looked to be coleslaw dropped in half the trays of vegetables, pretty disgusting. I then moved over to the sauces and toppings which were almost empty and the area they were stored in was cover in what looked like a months worth of spillages. Went back to my table only to find no cutlery, again I had to walk back into the restaurant as the sour faced girl that was really busy was no where to be seen
I ate my salad which actually didn’t taste too bad. My burger came eventually delivered by a guy who spoke so badly I had to ask him here times what he was saying. The burger was just plonked on the table and he disappeared without giving me cutlery or asking if I wanted condiments. I ran the gauntlet of getting another drink but can honestly say I was made to feel exceptionally unwelcome. I ate my burger and left, having observed a couple of people being told they couldn’t open tabs by MesHappy behind the bar. Ironically the burger was actually quite tasty but what could have potentially been a pleasant experience was turned into an unhappy, uncomfortable one due to shoddy service and shocking attitude from the staff. I didn’t look at the feed back prior to visiting but if you are please don’t bother go to the holiday Inn for some microwaved rubbish at least the staff are pleasant and want your business.

1  Thank chirivel2012
GeneralManagerAA, Owner at Harvester Trentham Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

sorry to read that you didn't get the 5 star treatment we stride to achieve

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

I went for dinner, the service I received was awful the waiter didn’t seem happy to be there. He slumped around and spoke to us through mesh. He didn’t take the order correctly as I got the wrong meal. He left bowls on our table. Just awful service and the toilets are disgusting with broken seats! Won’t be coming back!

Reviewed January 6, 2020

Found menu confusing until explained to us. Couldn't fault the food, lots on offer beside the cooked breakfast, e.g. Cereals, yoghurts, toast etc .all for one price. well presented, staff excellent. Tea and coffee not included in the price. Coffee only filtered. Cup of tea worked out at £2.95, outrageous for a cup of hot water and a tea bag.

Date of visit: January 2020

Thank you Susan for your kind words sorry to read about your feelings towards the pricing

Reviewed January 5, 2020

Hubbie and I went for lunch today and as it’s Sunday there was a Sunday lunch menu. The prices are not cheap and each of our meals cost around fifteen pounds. We had the hickory brisket and the belly pork. Hubby cleared his plate of the brisket, broccoli and mash which he said was fine and the broccoli wasn’t overcooked. My plate of food was a different matter. The majority of the meal was from a freezer and frozen carrots are unacceptable. The pork itself was not great and not especially tasty. I recently had belly pork as part of a set three course meal in another restaurant (another town unfortunately) which cost nineteen pounds for the whole meal. The difference in the two dishes can’t be described without underestimating. I accept these types of restaurant are what they are, but for the cost the meal should be of an acceptable quality. In this day and age there is no excuse for a catering establishment to use frozen poor quality ingredients. The waiter was very pleasant and when he asked how our meals were and I told him my opinion he did what he could by telling the duty manager and the chef. Neither of those were bothered enough to discus it with me. Unlike smaller restaurants that rely on good reviews, this type of eatery really aren’t bothered. So why do we use them is my thought. I won’t be again. I have given an extra star for hubbies meal and the waiter otherwise it would have been just one.

sorry to see that you didn't get the 5-star service we strive to achieve