“What a change”

Rare Lounge Bar & Steakhouse Dresden
Ranked #48 of 538 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our speciality is thick, juicy, succulent, and tasty steaks, which our Chefs will char grill to your preference. We source our beef locally from Staffordshire farms and insist on the best, top quality cuts to ensure you really can taste the difference. For non steak lovers and non meat eaters our Head Chef has created an exciting array of dishes to tantalise your taste buds including delicious salads, chicken, fish, home made burgers and fajita dishes, as well as a good range of Starters, and delicious Desserts to finish you meal. Open from 4pm Monday -Saturday until Midnight and from 4pm until 11pm on a Sunday. Rare is not only about great food and service day and night, if you are looking just to where enjoy a beer, a glass of wine, or a superb Cocktail, then it's the place for you, grab a drink and sit back and relax with friends. So whatever the occasion day or night, a relaxed meal, or just a drink with friends, Rare can cater for you. We have full disabled access and children are welcome, and catered for with their own menu.
Stoke on Trent
“What a change”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Went to Rare on a Wednesday night, it was quiteish so should not had any issues. After my last review I can't believe I am what things were like.
My husband ordered steak and myself steak pie, when this arrived I took the pastry lid off ad they are only placed on top, I am so glad I did, the pie was clearly pretty cooked and warmed up, the gravy was all congealed and jelly like, I showed this to the manager and she asked if I wanted a fresh one. Well it arrived back to me with gravy made and stored in, same congealed gravy underneath same chips now luke warm. I started to eat but could hardly eat much as I think the dropped the salt jar into it, you could taste nothing else.
I would have sent it back again but my husband had nearly finished his
Unfortunately it will be a long time before I return and only when I hear it has picked up considerablely.

What has happened to such a great restaurant.

• Visited August 2014

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“cold and not what's described on the menu.”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

arrived early and was warmly welcomed. not many people dinning, 10 in total, so thought "wont have to wait long." Well waiter was great( Paul) ordered our drinks, £3.00 for a pint of coke, and ordered our meals about 5 minutes later. we waited 20 minutes for our starters , which was fine but when my pork ribs starter came it was cold to the touch, did not complain as it was my partners birthday. For my main course I ordered The surf and turf , a 8oz rump steak with king prawns sauted in lemon and garlic. when it arrived 25 minutes after we had finished our starters it had changed into a 8oz rump steak with 3 deep fried battered prawns , dry as a bone. When I spoke to the waiter and asked what had happened with the sauted king prawns, he said that he did not know as the dish that I had been given was the way it had always been served and he did not know the difference . I explained that it was not what I ordered , so he asked if he could get me something else, as it had taken over 25 minutes to get our main courses in the start it was pointless to offer me a replacement as my partners main was sitting in front of her. when i explained that you can not advertise ameal and then send something different out he said "I know " and just walked off.
The 2 onion rings that garnished the steak were the cheepest of cheep and the sauted mushrooms were old as when they had been cooked off they went very dark brown nearly black and were very tough.
When we went to the counter to pay our bill I repeated the complaint about the wrong advertisement on a menu and the trading standards law, the waiter just replied "I know, I know."
I rechecked the main menu to confirm I was correct and I was, when my partner picked up the takeaway menu they had changed the king prawns to Atlantic prawns sauted in garlic and lemon. when I pointed this out to the waiter he just said he had not noticed and that he would inform the manager and handed me the full bill, sorry to say I will be notifying trading stanards in the morning under the sale and advertisement of goods act.

• Visited August 2014
Whitchurch, United Kingdom
“Lovely experience”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Out and about in Stoke area and thought of having a steak so visited this little gem of a restaurant .
Staff are polite and prompt with their service, the two for £20 set meal is good value for money and is available from 4pm to 6 pm.
My steak was cooked to perfection and was delivered with a piquant pepper corn sauce.
Sweet menu offers traditional fare, sticky toffee pudding with custard was lovely.
A nice first time experience and will visit again when in the area.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank jeffoclarko
Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
“Saturday evening steak”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Visited as a late booking so could only eat at 7 which was fine as they weren't busy but obviously had 2 big parties booked in for later. Really good food, service OK but waited a while to pay - bizarre! Decent house wine, other wine overpriced. Have been to Rare 4 or 5 times before tonight will return but would never be a "regular".

Visited July 2014
“newty1535”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Recently had my 40th birthday which my wife booked, expectations were high as our previous visit was excellent. Initial booking, table preparations by the staff and accomodating my wifes special details were excellent and staff were lovely to her however my steak was very dry and bland. They also gave my wife the wrong sauce which she didnt realise untill she had poured it on.Two other guests at my table said there steak was dry also, I was asked " Is everything ok ", "no " I replied to which the waitress walked off !!! then after seeing my face said " sorry I thought you were joking " , we didn't pay for my wifes and mine was discounted as I eat part of it, I dont think I will return in a hurry.