“Xmas party”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

The place was packed and friendly, the staff helped us with a disabled persons needs. The food was fantastic and the service quick and efficient. Highly recommended

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Went to The Kismet again in November, 2013 and as always a gorgeous meal, lovely atmosphere and the staff are always friendly and helpful, been coming to this restaurant for a long time, and always enjoy coming back, also the takeaways are as good as when in the restaurant itself, have recommended here to losts of friends and they have reported back fabulous reports too.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Went to the Kismet on Saturday 26th October as it's always been a family favourite and my partner and I were celebrating 5 years together. :)

We were seated very promptly after arriving, the table was very private which I liked, albeit next to the toilet but this didn't spoil the experience at all. Drinks order was taken and brought to our table quickly. I ordered a Tandoori King Prawn Massala and my partner had his usual favourite of Lamb Tikka Massala, we ordered egg pilau rice and chips to split between us and he had a peshwari naan.

Bit of a wait for the food but understandable with it being a Saturday night and the place was also really busy, which you would expect with the reputation the place has and the current high rating on TA. When it came it was well presented and tasted wonderful, the prawns were succulent in my dish with a delicious sauce and the chips and rice were lovely also. My partner said that his lamb was very well cooked and he enjoyed his dish also; the peshwari naan perhaps wasn't what he normally likes but he still found it tasty. I cleared my plate and had more rice and chips which is an absolute first for me in an Indian restaurant!

We both opted for dessert - I had a 'suspense' which is vanilla ice cream with a hazelnut crust; my partner has a coconut treat. Both of these were a generous size and very delicious, the perfect end to our meal.

The only thing that spoiled the experience somewhat is, around the end of the meal, there were two couples sat at the table next to ours and the two gents proceeded to go on a very loud, intolerant and racist diatribe which really offended us both. This is of course not the restaurant's fault and we are still giving a rating of 5 for the meal and restaurant itself.

The price for everything was more than reasonable at £40 including tip for 2 mains, 2 sides, a naan, 2 desserts, a glass of wine, a beer and a coffee and the service was great throughout the meal. We would definitely go back again.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I visited the Kismet with a group of 75 Dutch teenagers in October. We had arranged a really competitive price per head and I was expecting standard set menu of (hopefully) good food. To my surprise everyone could individually order their starters and main meals. As we were a large crowd I was worried that this would take too long, however the service was fast, efficient, friendly and the food was excellent with large portions. Nothing was too much trouble and we had and excellent evening out. A perfect advertisement for visiting nationalities.
I would definitely return without a group for an evening out, however I am already planning our return visit in a group next year.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

went to kismet at weekend after many years and its still a very nice meal lovely staff very friendly cant do enough to please .The meal was lovely and two of us had steak and that was also excellent booked for xmas .