“Lovely little Tea Room”
Review of Blondies Twisted Tea Room - CLOSED

Blondies Twisted Tea Room
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional British afternoon tea style service, loose teas, weekly specials, home-made cakes, award winning scones and a side of dreaming. Because we're twisted our afternoon tea is served all day long ........ And we are now licensed so you can add a lovely treat to your Afternoon Tea. (Please note we do operate Challenge 25, so please don't be offended if we ask you your age!) Have a look at our FB page.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Lovely little Tea Room”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We have been to this lovely little Tea Room on many occasions & always a pleasure to visit,
The Staff are lovely & the Afternoon Teas are Delicious & worth every penny, The menu is excellent with a good range on offer.....Lovely atmosphere, lovely staff, lovely food, what more could you ask for.....A gem of a place

• Visited December 2013
abigail r, Owner at Blondies Twisted Tea Room, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Brenda F

Thank you flower for taking the time to write your charming review. It certainly is appreciated. We warmly are thankful for your continued custom and hope you continue to visit us in the future.

We hope you are able to enjoy the seasons festivity and have a Happy New Year from all the team at Blondie's Twisted Tea Room. x

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Why go anywheres else?!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We deliberately sought out Blondies Twisted Tea Room after deciding to visit Hanley shopping and reading the great reviews! Well, it did not disappoint, in fact, I'd go as far as to say its one of the best establishments in the area. Quirky, and a little bit different yet welcoming and cosy at the same time!
I was blown away by the menu and the immense choice that we were given. It was mid morning so we went with the brunch menu and had the most amazing bagel ever. Unfortunately it was too early for cake (did I just say that?!) but they looked amazing!
There is so much personality in this place, it really is an 'experience'! Once visited never forgotten, you really couldn't replicate this if you tried.
I can't wait to be in the area again so I can go back x x We'll done ladies!,

• Visited December 2013
Dear 777ConstantTraveller

Thank you so much for your lovely review and thank you for taking the time to visit us particularly. We were truly touched by your review. Although I would have to disagree with one point, in that it's never to early to have cake! ha ha he he!

You really made our busy day fly by with a smile. Thank you so much.

Hope you have manage to enjoy the seasons festivities.

Happy New year from all at Blondie's Twisted Tea Room.
“Bad first impression! ”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Entered the building at just gone 2pm. Stood at the counter where 3 staff were fannying around chatting. No eye contact made at all. One looked at the book, I assumed was for bookings another walked off behind the counter by the kitchen and the 3rd trotted off downstairs. Non made any attempt to say I'll be with you in a minuet no acknowledgement or anything. After been stood at the counter like a spare part a guy came over and I asked if there was a table for two available. He said have you booked as we have nothing till after 3pm. I was a bit confused. It was just gone 2pm had I booked? Nothing till after 3pm?? If is booked I would have said. It's a tea room in Hanley not the Waldorf. In fact last Monday I had afternoon tea at the Waldorf and I wasn't ignored there or made to feel like I shouldn't be entering the establishment.

Overall I'd avoid this place due to ignorant staff. A smile or a simple acknowledgement to a paying customer cost nothing to be left standing around feeling like I shouldn't be there is unacceptable especially when 3 staff were stood in front of myself messing about that's no excuse for ignorance and lack of very poor customer service!

I can't comment on the food as I walked out in total disgust. I know it was busy on Saturday and I was happy to wait for a table before I walked through the door but poor reception and a bad first impression wasn't what I was expecting.

*********I walked down to Zest on Piccadilly. Please see my review excellent service and food. ********

1 Thank Zara-Luiza
Dear Zara Luiza

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Firstly sorry for the delay in responding to your “review". It has taken a considerable amount of time for all our team to calm down and to write a moderately professional response to your "feedback".

So on checking our CCTV we can confirm the following actually took place:-
Sam greets a party of 10 @ 14.10.58, (hr.min.sec) which you walk in behind. Our 15 year old Saturday assistant at 14.11.45 is clearly WORKING confirming the party booking in the diary, checking dietary requirements and finishing taking a telephone booking.

Our other 16 year old Saturday assistant is clearly WORKING by preparing a drinks order and getting drinks out of the fridge at 14.11.16. The chatting your rudely refer to is actually what in normal day working practice we would call team working and communication.

At 14.12.08 our other lovely Saturday assistant is clearly WORKING taking a hot food order out to table. She looks at you clearly smiles and says Sam will be with you in a sec. At that time your friend walks through the door and you completely and blatantly ignore her, and start tutting and shaking your head.

At 14.12.20 you are greeted for a second time by Sam (the Guy) who does ask you if you have a booking, he does checks the diary, apologizes as he starts to explain the next available table is 3 pm. You then extremely rudely walk off as Sam is offering you our 15% discount voucher you can use because we've been unable to seat you at that time. You left at 14.12.50

We take customer feedback and complaints seriously and this is a learning business, supporting young people into employment. So you spent longer in writing this shameful review than actually being inside our lovely tea rooms, you were inside our premises for a total of 2 minutes and 2 seconds. We clearly always advise booking to avoid disappointment, particularly on a Saturday I would like to personally thank you, because our lovely 15 year old assistant was so upset by this review; she decided not to come back, because she felt she had let us down. Which on this public arena I would like to stress that she, so had not.

Well done to my lovely staff team who from the CCTV (and from my knowledge of being in the kitchen at the time). They were working their tiny little socks off. We do also strongly advise that other trip advisers read your reviews, to get the measure of the type of reviewer you truly are.
We value every single one of our customers and customers to be, but on this occasion you most certainly are not welcome to return. My lovely staff team work really hard and don’t deserve this kind of behavior and abuse, just because we had no tables available.

We are however, very pleased that you still decided to support one of the many lovely local eateries in Hanley even if your crussies were too hard for you.

We do hope you enjoy the festive season.
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“yummy, quirky, just nice!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Been lots of times. Blondies is a great place for lunch or afternoon tea. Lovely tea and crockery. There's loads of choice including for veggies. There is loads of room downstairs (but no disabled access to that area). When it was very hot in early summer it was boiling and the staff wouldn't let us prop the door open as they were closing. Very stuffy! Sometimes the service is a bit slow or a bit vague. Staff need a bit more training and support. We go for "do's" with work colleagues regularly. Good value.

Visited June 2013
abigail r, Owner at Blondies Twisted Tea Room, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Atypicalpen

Thank you for taking the time for your lovely review. We are very grateful for your continued custom. You were correct when you visited in June our Charlotte very much one of our new lovelies and when she read your review today, Charlotte even commented, gosh there was sooo much to learn about tea and Afternoon Tea, who'd a thought it. Our lovely Charlotte has very much been training on the "job" and doing very well.

Thanks for your continued support Atypicalpen, from all at Blondie's Twisted Tea Room x
Stoke-on-Trent
“Bitterly Disappointed....”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I visited Blondies last week (Oct 2013) with a friend having read reviews on-line I was really looking forward to eating there. Sadly I was bitterly disappointed, the staff were very pleasant but the food was not. The toasty I ordered was on very thin bread tasteless and overdone, the salad was dry and I was expected to use the same knife for my scone that I had used for my salad containing onion!!! Onion does not go well with jam and cream.....the granny apple pie tasted old and was definitely not homemade, the scone was not bad but they were very stingy with amount of cream and jam served, was barely enough to cover one half of scone let alone both halves. The meal was over priced at £10 and we will not be returning or recommending. Advice...could do an awful lot better.g, One last thing our peace was disturbed by the tearoom entrance door slamming shut with a loud bang every time a customer passed through it, the door spring is in desperate need of repair.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Sue B
Dear Sue B

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are also "Bitterly Disappointed", Your review has had my lovelies in tears today. We are only human and understand that sometimes things may not be to every bodies expectations.

But, we were extremely saddened and disappointed, that you could take the time to write such a horrible review. But you couldn't take the time to talk to myself or my lovely staff team and tell them on the day of your visit that things weren't to your expectations.

Had you taken the opportunity when asked by my lovelies if everything is okay, can we get you anything else, you may have enjoyed your Afternoon Tea. If you had spoken with your lovely server you could of course had additional cutlery, we do serve our Afternoon tea's with extra side plates and cutlery, but if you wanted more. Just ask.

You could have been moved to a different table if you weren't happy at the one you were sitting at. We do have limited ground floor access, but the ground floor seats do mean they are close to the entrance door. Sadly it's how the building is designed and sometimes the door does close loudly. We serve a good portion of Clotted Cream, had you wanted more, when asked if you if everything is okay, do you need anything else, you only need to just ask.

Our advice ... next time you visit a eating establishment, if things aren't to your expectations, please, please raise it with the Team on the day, to give them the opportunity to rectify it on the day of your visit. All eating establishments. I personally believe would be much happier you left enjoying your visit on the day. Than having to deal with horrible and hurtful reviews.

In the meantime, I will make Mr Kingsmill aware that his bread is not to your liking.

Thank you for your visit. We're sorry it wasn't to your expectations and that we didn't have the opportunity to rectify things for you during your visit.