“Good food, bad service”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Good food, bad service”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Very happy with the food however the service was not satisfactory from the Chinese staff as I did not feel they understood English very well and their manners left a lot to be desired. The English girl working there was especially helpful and I would recommend eating there when she is on shift.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank AllanSullivan

“I try my best!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have just come on this page and it has annoyed me a little bit I work at this place and I agree on most points that people have said especially about the customer service but about the other people who work there but I try my best to make every single customer happy who comes into this restaurant maybe if you come on a day that I'm working you will change your mind not to sound big headed or anything but it's upset me a little bit I just hope people don't look at this and think oh I'm not going there because you don't know what it's like by just going off someone's opinion just come down and see I'm happy to tell you the days that I work so you will have good customer service so please come down and try it I will try my best to make every customer happy and feel comfortable!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank nadia-jane
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good but better not to go again”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I went to this restaurant twice in this month because of group gathering and my friend's birthday. The most attracting features of this restaurant is the BBQ/hotpot which is quite rare in our town. However we suffered from unhappy experiences after each visit......

Firstly, the ventilation system here is not good. If you go you should be prepared to wash your clothes you are wearing after visit as even after two or three days my t-shirt is still having a smokey smell. If you cannot bear the sooty environment, better avoid this and not to go.

Secondly, the drinks here is even more expensive than a pub. It costs £1 per pint if you require tap water. Also the price is unclear and misleading too. In the menu it says the price of soft drinks and juices are £1.5 but do not mention the size. Some of my friends and I ordered two because of such a cheap price. When it came to bill payment, the outcome was that we were charged for £3 per glass of drink we ordered. And the waiter said the price of £1.5 was for small glass only. But the menu also stated that the bottled drinks would cost £3 at the same time. Then why did you give me the large pint when we pointed to the menu and made an order? What is the point behind this? I understand you want to recover the cost of all-you-can-eat food and this is the open secret of buffer restaurants in the UK. But how come you can tricked us like this? This the main point that I decided not to come again.

• Visited April 2013
Bolton
“Brilliant !!!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Must try out their hotpot/BBQ buffet ! Delicious and very tasty indeed ! The price and service is also good, as you can eat-all-you-want ! I've been a few times now so I would highly recommend this place to anyone ! They also have karaoke at the back with simple group games etc. :D

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank suwage23
“An experience...”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have been to this place a few times with my friends since it recently opened, we usually go to Norton China, the sister restaurant a few miles further afield.

The food is tasty and there is always plenty to try, I recommend the duck pancakes, the chicken satay sticks and the prawn toast!

Having said that the format of the restaurant doesn't quite work somehow. You order your food by ordering from a menu, like a traditional restaurant, the portion sizes are standard. The trouble comes when there is a big group and they usually bring out everything for the starters, whether you ordered it or not. Once you have ordered your starters the menus are all taken away and then brought back out for the mains. This has never been a bad experience but it just wastes time, they should just leave the menus and then come back to take your mains order and desert.

When you order your mains it is more individualised but you can share your dishes if you want. As you are going along you have to keep in mind the portion sizes, for example if you had some chicken satay and enjoyed the first piece and then decided to order some more, just make sure you are asking for it for yourself or they will bring enough for everyone which can lead to wasted food and a feeling of awkwardness.

But don't let this put you off, if you enjoy a selection of food and don't mind paying a little bit more for it then this place is fine. The portion sizes are a little more accommodating for groups than for a couple (you may just get one piece of prawn toast each) so invite a few mates and head there.

• Visited February 2013