“Proper pub grub and beer”

The Black Horse Inn
Ranked #35 of 565 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Went with friends for lunch last Thursday. Our friends advised ham, eggs and chips so glad they did we all had it. Good thick slice of boiled ham, two fresh fried eggs proper chips and peas all washed down with a pint of Tribune cask. Two meals for £10 a bargain.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Exactly what you'd expect at a country pub! Honest wholesome food with a farm atmosphere.

The only aspect I would criticise is the lack of 'country pub' look.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We have now been twice great both times food was piping hot and great value a must for good food and great service, the only thing I did not like last time we went was that I saw the kitchen staff sitting crossed legged eating on the work surface I thought that was not very clean???

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We visited here on a Sunday evening as a family with our son, who is a fuusy eater.
I had the black horse burger, my wife a Sunday roast and my son the chicken fillets from the kids menu.
All the meals were excellent quality and good value for money. having visited on a number of occasions we have never had a bad meal.
We would happily recommend this pub for bar meals.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We ate here as a family with two young girls. The staff were lovely and it was lovely inside the owner informed us it had just been redone in the area we sat in and we were the first to sit there.

The food was really nice, great for children too. I didn't have room for dessert though I wish I had. The prices reasonable far better than going to a chain pub where you get mass produced food. I will defianlty visit here again.