“Good meal, not so good atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles

Nirvana
Ranked #139 of 531 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We welcome you to Nirvana. We pride ourselves on creating a wonderful, friendly ambience and our setting is an elegant, subtle blend of the traditional with the contemporary. A perfect place, we hope, for you to enjoy first class cuisine. All our food is prepared using only the finest, freshest ingredients and the best quality produce while our years of experience ensure food of only the finest quality. Should you need any further information please contact us.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Good meal, not so good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I booked a table for 2 for a Valentines day surprise, the service was very good considering how busy the place was. The starters were excellent, and so was the main. The portions were of a decent size too. My only issue is that we seemed to be the only table for 2 in a room full of tables for 6! Therefore it was too noisy with people shouting to be heard, and not the quiet, romantic meal I had in mind :/

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Gorgeous restaurant, fantastic food and lovely staff!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have visited nirvana around 8 times over the past 12 months. It is a gorgeous place inside, creating a fantastic atmosphere. The food has been perfect each time ( i have chicken and mushroom tikka massalla). we went last night for our valentines meal and it was a perfect evening!
Make sure you book a week in advance for a table at the weekend else it is always prebooked if you ring closer to the time.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, atmosphere and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

A last minute decision to go out for a meal, managed to book at table for 6 pm on a Saturday night. The food was amazing, as a vegetarian it was great to see such choice. One of the best curries I have tasted. Well worth a visit!

Alsager, England, United Kingdom
“An sparkling surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went here on the off chance. What a pleasant surprise! We both had fish curries and both thoroughly loved them. The service and surroundings were excellent. We will definitely go there again.

1 Thank Carl H
Antigua, Sacatepequez, Guatemala
“Really nice atmosphere and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I'd always been curious about this restaurant after driving past it many times and hearing the recommendations of many people at work. Last night I finally got round to going and I found the atmosphere, service and food to be first class all round. They have the best onion bhaji I've ever tasted.

The one thing that got me was the parking facilities- to look at the location, it looks like it has a car park next to it but I quickly found that this was actually a rental car forecourt and not the restaurant's car park! I ended up driving around for a while looking for a space and ended up parking down some side street nearby. Just bear this in mind when you visit!

1 Thank PotterNo1