“Mouthwatering Mothers Day Meal”
Review of Baby Russets

Baby Russets
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Traditional English restaurant
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mouthwatering Mothers Day Meal”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Just a little note to say thank you to all the staff at Baby Russets for a great lunch on Mothers day,It takes lot to appease my Mother but you did it in style folks, Mum very impressed with the food and the fact that you did not overface her.
Waiting on staff polite,pleasant and attentive not too intrusive,checking all was to our satisfaction throughout the meal, achieving just the right balance in our opinion
Food as ever cooked to perfection,well presented and most of all piping hot, nothing was too much trouble for us, and upon looking round the packed first sitting everyone i observed was receiving the same first class service that was being affored to our party.
Can highly recommend the lamb shanks, meat just fell off the bone, youve excelled there Dave !!
All in all it made you not only my day, but my mums as well, so once again thanks for a great day,would have stayed longer but sadly work beckoned..
We look forward to our next visit, and il make sure i alert you steve wih regard to the Prosecco qauntities next time ha ha x
Love Julie and family

stoke on trent
“Not worth the wait”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Walked in and found the place like a cafe not really that nice decor. Food was great until my steak came out to bloody for me I would of asked for it to be cooked a bit more but no one came to ask us how our meal was and 35 mins later they came out to take the plates away without asking how the meal was. Such a shame as upto then and also all other 7 people on our table meals were very good. Maybe me being over fussy but you should get what you order and it would of been a really good review. Is baby russetts worth a try...... Maybe, would I go back NO I prefer a good service with my meal

2 Thank lovingitStokeOnTrent
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“wow”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

we took our mum today for mothers day as it is her favorite place, the food and service is the best
around. it is now ours ,thank you for making it a special day x

1 Thank 156lstubbs
Stoke on Trent
“Nice Mothers Day lunch.”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Visted with my partner and mother for Mothers Day. Had the three courses for £16.95. Everyone enjoyed their meals, the staff were very good at catering to my partner's gluten free needs, even offering a dessert not on the set menu.

The portions were large, my chicken/liver/bacon paté starter was so ample i could probably have used another slice of bread to cope! The roast and mashed potatos on the main were fantastic, as was the Yorkshire pudding. The chicken supreme was cooked perfectly and loads of stuffing to accompany it. Profiterole dessert was equally large with loads of cream.

The only downside was my mother's lamb shank being somewhat grisely and difficult to cut. My partner had the same and hers was perfect, just falling off the bone! The staff were very apologetic and offered a free round of drinks to compensate.

I would probably have scored my individual courses 4 for paté starter, 5 for chicken supreme main and 3 for profiterole dessert (found the pastry a bit bland and prefer several small ones to two large).

We were seated next to the door which unfortunately being a very cold day wasn't ideal whenever anybody used it. Probably a great location in summer but at present i'd probably try to specify another table further in.

Drinks prices were very reasonable too.

We all agreed we would come again.

1 Thank Christopher B
staffordshire
“Poor night”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Went to baby russets this was our third time took some friends the service was terrible we waited 2 hours for the starters and when the mains came they were terrible what a let down I am in business myself and have always praised this place but sadly I won't be returning I thought this was a good place to eat and would have visited as much as we could but the service and food was so poor this visit I defiantly won't recommend again or visit what a let down

1 Thank karlstaffordshire