“This is not fair”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“This is not fair”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is so not fair. The party that have slated the duke. They did not enjoy there time there but there is no need to slate them like they have. I've been the duke several times. And most certainly the things they are saying about it being dirty are total rubbish. The toilets are very clean. And the kitchen is spotless. And If anyone knows me they would tell you I have OCD. So if it were dirty I wouldn't eat there. I really don't think these reviews should be left on as it is total rubbish. And just not fair at all..

2 Thank Chezzared5

“Excellent”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We visited the duke on Wednesday 9 October with friends and family to celebrate the 21st birthday of our son, what can I say, brilliant. The food, service and surroundings are excellent. This is the 6 or 7 visit we have made over the last 18 months or so and have never been disappointed or dissatisfied. We celebrated my 50 birthday and 25 wedding anniversary here last year and if it was as poor as some of the reviews say we wouldn't have gone back. The home made chips are excellent as is the speciality dish beef Wellington. For a Wednesday the restaurant was half full which mid week is good and everyone seemed to be enjoying what they were having, so we say go along and try you won't be disappointed

1 Thank Chris Karen W
Stoke-on-Trent
“Lovely place. Nice, good value food, and staff went out of their way to please.”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Friend and I went for a meal one Friday afternoon. They'd officially stopped serving, but still made us lovely warm meals, which were also good value. Waiting staff friendly and attentive without being obtrusive.

Place has many attractive features and is nicely fitted out. Staff were clearly proud of their place and gave us a tour of the upstairs with its function room.

Definitely our best dining experience in the local area.

Visited December 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fab”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Cant believe these bad reviews. This place is absolutely the one! ... Me and friends went for a meal and we could NOT fault one thing. The chef is a very polite man who puts his customers first. The waitress and waiter are very VERY good at what they do. They couldnt have done more for us! .. The food was spot on! I had beef, which is silverside and i couldnt of enjoyed it anymore than i did! I read some bad comments on here and i dis-agree with everything they have said! This place is NOT a waste of money. Try it out!

1 Thank TraceyWalker
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I and my family have had Sunday lunch twice now at the Duke, and both times the food was great and we all enjoyed it very much. The staff were polite, friendly and attentive without being over bearing, ie; (not hovering over us all the time).

The food was homely, comforting and of good quality. The surroundings were very pleasant, clean and comfortable. Good Beer Too...!!! We have also booked in for Christmas lunch, and are looking forward to that.