“fantastic food, polite and friendly staff a great place to eat.”

The Plough Inn Kidsgrove
Ranked #278 of 565 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bar/bistro styled pub serving Steaks, sandwiches (chicken tikka, pulled pork, triple cheese) and quality pub classics (cod chips, burgers, lasagne etc). Quiz night on Thursdays and quality live entertainment on Friday. Two cask ales and three craft beers on draft including Brew dog,Brooklyn and Anchor steam Bitter. Erdinger,Leffe,Peroni also on draft.
Reviewed March 5, 2014

we visited as a couple on a midweek night. upon arrival we were greeted in a warm welcoming manner by all of the staff. the place was very clean, with well set out tables and comfy seats.
.there was a plentiful choice on the main menu of all courses and there was, also a specials board.
upon arrival of our food it was very well presented and beautifully cooked , there was just the right amount of time left between our courses without unecessary delays and neither were we rushed.
the member of staff who served us was friendly and very attentive, to ensure we enjoyed our meal.

we really enjoyed our meal here and yes we will return again. we would definitely recommend eating here.

1  Thank anne b

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Ive eaten at most of the "rated" restaraunts in Stokey land, Ive now been to the Plough.I think I can safely say its my number 2.(Baby Russetts no 1,but thats a "proper"sit down restaraunt).The plough is a very old building but modern deco inside ,smallish pub that does fine food..Good choice starters,mushrooms,fish good veggy choice,fresh.well presented
Main meal ,when I order a rare steak,its normally somewhere between blue and medium,the Plough smack on ,juicy,tender mmm..served by friendly staff,who will chat and have a laugh..
Beer,very important to me,well served,good head went down well.(Oakham)
Now then ,I went on a Friday and a small band came on about 9-30ish,we had just finsihed eating and werent expecting too much,But was suprsied by the quality of a rock/roll band,we stopped way longer than we meant to,Brillaint atmosphere ,the eating closed and the tempo picked up ,it was brill.
I appreciate if you want a quiet romantic meal with the wife(or someone elses wife) it might be a bit lively,But Friday rocked.Will def go on a normal weeknight for quiet meal and a Friday for entertainment. Well done The plough

1  Thank napdog
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We have been visiting The Plough on and off for nearly two years and have never had a less than fantastic experience. The food is brilliant - great choice to suit all pockets, great taste, and great portion sizes, along with a good range of drinks. Staff are always inviting, friendly and cant do enough to help. A really good atmosphere - sometimes we go for an intimate meal, sometimes with a group of friends and sometimes with our little boy for a family meal and each time we come away having had a lovely time. The atmosphere is so good that we have started to go to the Thursday night quiz night with friends and have a meal while we are there. Just cant say enough good things about The Plough and would definately encourage people to give it a try.

1  Thank Nellnell59
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Me and my boyfriend have been here a few times and we enjoy it more and more every time we go!
The place is lovely. Like the decor. It's got both restaurant and pub feel to it but in a good way. Drinks are in the same price range as everywhere else. I love the steaks..they are always done the way we want them too and taste amazing. You can tell that the chefs know what they are doing and it's far from a microwave ping cuisine.
And they always have something different on the specials board.
They have quiz nights too which makes going even more fun.
the owners are always welcoming and all smiles.
Would not fault it At all.
Can't wait to go again!

2  Thank Anna O
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I went here with friends last night after hearing excellent things about the food. I had brie wedges to start , Tornados Rossini for mains and a traditional chocolate fudge cake for dessert. I was astounded by the quality of the food, all 100% freshly prepared and cooked to perfection! Keep in mind I have eaten at the Brownlow , Brunswicks etc but this place beats them all hands down.This is without a doubt my place of choice when dining out in the future. the staff are very friendly and polite and could not do enough for us. Do not think twice about visiting you will not be disappointed! We are already planning our next trip to experience another taste bud orgasm, yes it is THAT good! :-)

1  Thank Paul C