“Ok”
Review of Waterworld

Waterworld
Ranked #11 of 120 things to do in Stoke-on-Trent
More attraction details
Owner description: WaterWorld is the UK's number one Tropical Indoor Aqua Park based in Staffordshire. Splash around in a wave pool surrounded by slides, rides and flumes. There is plenty to do for all ages, for weaker and stronger swimmers alike, with a Water's Edge Restaurant where you can lounge and grab a quick bite to eat. We have a choice of meal deals, sharing platters and specialities of the day. Many of the things on our menu are also gluten free, nut free or Halal. Just ask the helpful staff on your next visit. For a dripping good time, WaterWorld also host a range of birthday parties for all ages in its own special beach themed party area. With unlimited time in the pool, birthday buffets as well as goody bags and balloons every child has a whale of a time at a WaterWorld Beach Party. If you're looking for the most happening party every Friday, the Wave Rave is the place to be. With the latest chart toppers, exciting games and competitions with give-aways, it's easy to get fluming excited.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The children love it here. However, The condensation on the windows in the pool area look horrible and grimy and the staff congregate outside smoking all the time. It's smells awful, is so off putting and a dreadful example to the children. Such a shame.

4  Thank itchyfeetlady
Kelly M, Manager at Waterworld, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear guest,

Condensation does form on the windows unfortunately due to our tropical environment being maintained at around 31 degrees inside. This especially happens when it is cold outside. As this is an act of nature there is no way to prevent this unfortunately. In the past we have squeegee the windows however, found that within 10 minutes the condensation comes back.

As for the comments about the majority of our staff smoking outside I am appalled by this. The majority of our staff do not smoke, however for the minority of our staff that do there is a designated smoking area around the back of the building out of the view of our customers where they are told to take their cigarette breaks. Please accept my sincere apologies that they failed to comply with a reasonable request and I assure you that we are investigating and monitoring the matter.

We completely agree that it is an extremely bad example to set to younger children. We hope that this has not tarnished your opinion of our whole team and we do hope to see you again soon. I can assure you that this will not happen again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,093)
All reviews
"outdoor pool"
in 58 reviews
"poolside cafe"
in 24 reviews
"changing rooms were clean"
in 21 reviews
in 30 reviews
"little boy"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Travelled up from Essex for an affordable family day out with our 3yr old. It was empty when we arrived on the off peak day and it remained this way for most of the day. Lovely warm water and plenty of lifeguards made us feel safe. It was a bit grimy in places and some strange bugs on the treasure chest island, but for children it was a long and fun day. Good value for money and good slides for adults and children. Would recommend to friends especially of you're already in the area visiting other attractions.

2  Thank Ladyjojo1
Kelly M, Manager at Waterworld, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are in the middle of updating some of our facilities. We are not sure what the bugs you speak of were as we have not come across them before. However we will investigate this immediately.

We hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Came here today (13th March) with my boyfriend. The changing rooms are very dated however they are being refurbished at the moment. I have to say they were clean. We have both been to water world many times and it is still kept as nice as it was before. There are plenty of lifeguards around the pool which is good to see as there is lots of children around. As we went on an off peak period it was quieter than usual, but we still enjoyed ourselves!
Overall a good morning/afternoon out!

2  Thank Nati18

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Firstly the staff don't help you at all you have to find your own way around.on first appearance it looks nice and clean.you get into the locker room and its a completly different story you can see that about 100 lockers have been previously broken into.you can see the dirt on the floor and in the toilets.the pool is a good size and has slides for most ages including little ones.the kids absolutly loved it but I didn't the so called lifeguards were all under about 22-23 and didn't give a toss really just chatted away with their other colleagues.overall the kids loved it and their smile is what was worth the money definatly not the place.I will not be returning as it is very over priced for the amount of people they have coming in.I left and realised that the member of staff had charged me the highest possible price she could and would have been cheaper for me 2 have a family ticket but she didn't tell me,I got home and needed 2 shower my children again as I felt grubby after going there.

3  Thank daniellek2012

Dear guest,

I am surprised that you say our staff do not help you at all and you have to find your own way around as our staff often receive outstanding feedback from our customers. Please accept my apologies that the changing rooms are undergoing refurbishment, there are signs around the facility explaining this. The first two isles of our lockers have had their doors removed as they have been sent off to be re sprayed, I can assure you that they have not been broken into. We can only do around 200 lockers at a time as we need to leave the majority of the lockers free for our customers to use.

The dirt on the floor comes from peoples shoes. We have shoe covers available for our spectators to wear and clear signs that state they must use these when walking around. Please accept our apologies that some customers fail to comply with our requests. We do however, mop up and squeegee away any dirt as soon as it is brought to our attention.

Our work force is quite young. In today’s economy, youth unemployment is at a record high. We are very proud of the fact that we are one of the few organisations able to recruit this age range. That said, we treat our younger staff no different from any other of our older staff and expect this from our guests too. We truly believe that age is just a number and our entire workforce is capable of the same standards.

It is very important for our lifeguards to communicate with each other as they change positions to inform each other of any potential incidents and to give each other feedback about the position. Our supervisors watch these "rotations" from the poolside control making sure that during this important communication process, the pool is still being monitored. If the lifeguards were seen to be chatting away not monitoring the pool I can assure you they are dealt with accordingly.

Our receptionists work out the lowest possible price for our customers. If you feel that you have been overcharged any mistake would have been rectified once you brought it to our attention. If you could email us a copy of the receipt we will take a look for you and provide you with an explanation. We will also refund you the difference if we have made a genuine mistake.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I went to waterworld with an open mind as I had read some of the reviews on here that made me think that it was rubbish/dirty and the staff were rude... I went to find that from the minute I walked into the building to the minute we left the staff were kind, considerate, polite and helpful, due too one of my children having a learning disability I am always sceptical to take him to public places such as this as it can sometimes be very over welming, but the staff made it their priority to make sure that we were well looked after! during the day the lifeguards were well mannered, sensible and professional at all times also very helpful for telling me which rides were appropriate and which rides were not for my children! (aged 5, 9 and 16) I'm not sure where the people have been who have written a bad review on here but I can certainly say that water world is a brilliant day out for all ages and is worth every penny!

Kelly M, Manager at Waterworld, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear guest, Thank you for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon :)