“Pleasant surprise after reading the reviews!!”

North Stafford Hotel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
Lincolnshire
“Pleasant surprise after reading the reviews!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2006

I was alarmed at the reviews I had read but was pleasantly surprised by the size of our room and bathroom. The only annoyance was some over exhuberant children running up and down the corridors late at night, but I suppose you would expect this in halfterm week. The food was good, we had the evening meal which was very popular and breakfast. Keep an open mind when you read reviews of this hotel, we were well looked after.

• Liked — central location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — ask for what you want
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
5 Thank Peachyperson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Reviewed October 19, 2006

I had been looking forward to visiting the ceramic festival (and I use that term very loosely!) and booked the N.S.Hotel through expedia, what a major mistake my choice was!!. Where do I begin....the first single room I was allocated was no more than a broom cupboard! with an inch or two to spare I could have easily have touched each side of the room. The room was UNBEARABLY hot, and the window was TINY, looking out on a very dirty, muck strewn roof. I went to reception and asked them to change my room, they did this without a problem. The next room was marginally better, but the heat in here also was unbearable!, i was unable to open the window as the flat roof was directly underneath and I was a bit worried about someone climbing in. Although the bathroom was acceptable, the room on the whole was not, there was a water stain running down one of the walls, what looked like blood on one of the curtains, the nets were very dirty and the carpet was stained...and the bed! well I would have been more comfortable laying on the floor!, the sheets had tiny holes in them. I opted to eat in the dining room, and although the food was piping hot the steak that I had chosen was absolutely raw, with no indication of how this was cooked, I therefore was only able to eat the veg!
I decided that I would go home a day early as this was not the kind of hotel I wanted to stay another night in, and I asked reception to book me a wake up call for 4.30am as my coach left at 5.45, as I awoke earlier than expected I thought I would inform reception to cancel the call.....I rang down for 20 minutes....no reply, and no wake up call was put through. When it was time to leave, I waited for at least 10 minutes for the night reception to make an appearance, when I complained that I had recieved no call, or that there was no answer at reception I was greeted with an absolute 'who cares' attitude. I would definately not recommend this hotel.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — find another hotel
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
3 Thank bell51

Travelers are raving about these Stoke-on-Trent hotels

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2006

I stayed at this hotel with three friends before our visit to Alton Towers.

Our room was on the first floor, at the back of the hotel. As soon as we opened the door, we were met with a nasty damp, musty smell and immediately saw a large patch of damp on the wall next to the window. The bathroom also smelt of damp and had mould on the bottom of the shower curtain and in the cracks of the tiles. There was a disgusting orangey coloured bath mat on the side of the bath which had very obviously once been white.

The windows were absolutely filthy, to the point where you couldn't see a thing through them. The only way to see out was to open them. The bedspreads had probably never been cleaned - each time you sat down on the bed or moved, you were surrounded by a cloud of dust. There were also some suspicious stains on the bedspreads. The sheets seemed clean but the blankets were really scratchy and uncomfortable.

We experienced no noise whatsoever during the night but our friends, who were overlooking the main road, were kept awake by an armed siege involving police riot vans and the eventual arrest of a suspect!

Our friend's room was smaller than ours and seemed a bit cleaner, but their bath stank of urine. Nice!

Would I stay here again? Absolutely no way!

• Liked — Leaving the next morning
  • Disliked — Absolutely filthy
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
1 Thank lork
glasgow
Reviewed October 18, 2006

I stayed in the North Stafford Hotel whilst visiting nearby attraction Alton Towers. After reading the reviews I was very apprehensive and almost dreaded arriving there. Nonetheless, we arrived and i was immediately welcomed by the friendly and helpful staff. My room was very comfortable and they have fans if it gets a bit hot, which i did not need anyway. The bathroom was very nice and you could tell that the bedding, towels etc were all freshly washed and maid service was excellent.

In all, i have not one complaint about my stay in the North Stafford Hotel, basically, you get what you pay for and I had a lovely comfortable stay there for two nights.

(young couple, 20's)

• Liked — staff and room
  • Disliked — not close enough to theme park
  • Tips/Secrets — n/a
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank e_doch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke-on-Trent
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Travelodge Stoke on Trent Trentham
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#2 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to North Stafford Hotel? Share your experiences!