North Stafford Hotel
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
$60
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
$80
$66
Quality Inn(Hanley)
$65
$49
Best Western Stoke East(Stoke-on-Trent)
$80
$70
Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
$68
  • Restaurant
Crown Hotel(Longton)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,124 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 17, 2008

this hotel is awful-terrible location, horrible bedroom which was damp, cold and smelly. breakfast was poor. just dont stay in this hotel - you'll regret it.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank gik3
Reviewed October 3, 2008

We booked this hotel for use as a base to visit Alton Towers. On arrival, we were given a lovely welcome by the friendly reception staff. The staff were always happy to answer queries during our stay. A word of advice... the hotel parking is free, but make sure your parking ticket is validated by reception otherwise you could end up paying £7 per day!
We were allocated room 102 on arrival, which strangely is next door to room 121. Our room was clean, if dated. We thought the bathroom was lovely.
Meals were satisfactory, however they could've provided a couple more staff to help out the poor waiter who was doing all he could.
Overall, we had a lovely stay.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chrystaltips2
Reviewed September 22, 2008

Following my wife's recent hospital operation we booked for a weekend break in the North Stafford Hotel, Stoke on Trent.
When we arrived the noise from a disco near the reception area was so loud you could hardly hear a thing. There seemed to be a problem with the computer as well to check us in which took about 15mins to sort out. We where then given Room 102 I think. The room was horrible the windows had not been cleaned in years and had a big crack in the glass and there was a large wet patch on the bedroom floor. The wash sink also had a large crack in it which looked unsuitable to use. There was also loud humming noise coming into the room from outside the window caused by the extraction system outside. Clearly not happy with the situation we asked to be moved to another room. Because of the problems with the computer we had to wait in the noisy reception area a further 15-20 minutes while one was found. On this occasion we where put in the room directly above Room 102.
The room was not much better and by this time my wife and I was becoming quite distressed. Clearly not satisfied with the condition of the rooms we went back to reception and was verbally assaulted by the duty manager who said her rooms where satisfactory for a "City Centre Hotel and what did I expect for the money" and then shouted at me that I would be charged for the that nights stay. She became even more offensive when I pointed out that my wife had just come out of hospital and that I felt the rooms and bedding where dirty.
At that point I felt it was best if we left the hotel and went elsewhere.
Do yourselves a BIG favour DO NOT stay or BOOK at this hotel of horrors!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank letstakeabreak
Reviewed August 27, 2008

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND - Stayed here for Three days while we went to Alton Towers, I brought my neice and nephew and mother, We had a family room booked. The hotel website describes itself as classical styled, now to be honest the hotel needs a total revamp and clasical styled is not at all what we would have described it, having stayed in a few hotels this year, this was the least favourite, Upon arrival we were told the lifts were out of order and should be back up and running by the end of the day, now with a baby and pram and luggage and mother with not the best legs for climbing stairs, I found this to be a bit of a hassel. The resturant food, now not being a fussy eater I have to say I couldnt eat it as to be honest I had no idea what I was eating, it was a buffet style and we hadn't a clue what was what and there was no one to ask either.
I was told that it was 10 mins from alton towers, this is defiitintly not the case it was a good 30-40 minute drive.
When we got back after dinner, the lifts were still out of order and again where told that they would be fixed that evening, we latter found out they had been out for the past two weeks and that head office was waiting on a quote. This we found to be totally unprofessional, we found it a nightmare going up and down with the pram and baby and then to be told that someone in an office elsewhere was sitting around waiting for a price.
The room we were in was in need of good lick of paint and felt very outdated.
To be honest the staff was the only thing that was a positive in this hotel. I really havent anything else to say that was good about this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank ingobear
Reviewed August 13, 2008

Whilst on our once in a lifetime, around the world, indulgence, we decided to go and see where my wife lived when she was a young girl, prior to her becoming an Aussie.

We arrived into Stoke late-ish in the day and were told that the North Staffordshire Hotel was a pretty decent place to stay. Boy was that BAD information.

The Hotel looked pretty grand from the outside but you shouldnt ever judge a book by its cover. Reception wasnt bad. The young lady was pleasant enough and the check in process wasnt a problem. The next morning the breakfast wasnt a problem either. However, it was everything in between the two that provided us with the worst night in our entire 2 months away from home and probably the worst night I have had since I was a 12 y/o boy scout sleeping under canvas.

Grubby little room with a poorly made bed including a lumpy mattress shoved into one corner of the room. You could see why it was in the corner....there wasnt anywhere else to put it. My wife and I are typically biggish people in our 50's and it wasnt our idea of fun, having to climb over each other to get to the loo in the middle of the night.

The windows wouldnt shut because the window frames were falling apart with rot and caked with old and flaking paint. There were things growing in the bathroom, the plumbing was noisey, the toilet leaked onto the floor, the floorboards squeeked whenever anybody walked past our door or moved around in the room above ours.

Because we couldnt shut the windows, the heater stayed on all night and it too made some very peculiar noises. And with the railway station directly opposite we could hear all the trains at full volume. Not to mention the delivery trucks attending to the shops attached to the railway station at 4am.

This absolutely dreadful night pretty much ruined our day in Stoke, looking up my wifes childhood haunts and we will probably never get the opportunity to do that again. So all I can say is 'shame on you Nth Staff Hotel' for making our one day there a very grey day.

If, like us, you arrive late into Stoke and are desperate for accomodation and cant find any where except this place.......do yourselves a favour and sleep in your car.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple