1,181 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stayed here October 2013 for two nights.
The hotel is well located for the train station, though that does mean it is a little bit out of town for the majority of the shops and restaurants. Taxis are easy to get hold of though and it only cost £5 to get into the centre.
The hotel room we had was on the third floor, next to the lift. The view from our window was of a wall - incredibly close by - which made the room a little dark. The room itself was cramped and small. There was very little floor space between the small desk unit and the bed, however the bed was comfortable. The TV was old with very few channels programmed in. Also, the hotel advertised hairdriers as being included. In our room, there was an old hairdrier holder without the actual hairdrier - reception were good at providing one though when asked. The bathroom was spacious [dramatically more so than the bedroom] and clean.
Interactions with reception and other staff members were generally positive. They were helpful in providing the hairdrier and in allowing us to leave our bags in a secure room when we had checked out. However, there was no "do not disturb" sign for the bedroom door, nor was there a chain to secure it, which meant that the cleaning staff had little guidance on knowing whether it was a convenient time to enter the room or not.

Over all, the price was good and the breakfast [included in the price] was of a good standard. The decor was a little dated and the room was very small, but as an overnight stop over, the hotel was adequate.

Room tip: I assume some rooms have a view of something other than a wall, so it might be good to ask for one of those.
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My friend and I stayed for 3 nights on a trip and we had nothing to complain about the staff were very friendly and the food was good. Yes it needs updating but that reflects in the price , if was modernised it would probably be 3 times the price but all the areas were very clean. The towels are changed daily and our bedding was white and very clean. I cannot understand why people rate it very low for in need of updating when it it such a cheap price to stay. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap and friendly place to stay.

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank chris0714
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We booked a room here for £50:00 as we were attending a works Christmas party.
Upon arrival we paid and were told our room location, reception area clean & welcoming.
Ok so our room was nice and big, plenty of space also the bathroom a good size. However very very dated. We stayed in room 114 and there was a huge area of what looked like damp patches which had been painted over on the wall to the left of the window, this really let the room down. furniture dated in the room and the shower was not the best either.
The bathroom was clean, however yet again damp on the celling and a huge crack around the lighting and all across the celling which really is an eyesore!

The Christmas party was fine, these large parties are usually pretty much the same, food average and staff not very attentive and kind of went around just plonking the food on our table, one guy just plonked some chicken on my friends plate without even asking if she wanted the veggie dish or salmon, there was also only sprouts & carrots?? I wouldn't really call that 'a full range of seasonal vegetables' but hey we kind of knew it wouldn't have been the best I suppose but it would be nice if they went the extra mile in some areas to stand out over the rest of the hotels that throw these kind of parties.

We went down for breakfast at 9:45am, we were not greeted by welcoming staff just two guys looked a us and no 'good morning how are you, would you like to preference where you sit, help yourself to coffee' etc., they just looked and said 'we've only got what is left on the breakfast now' and that was it.
We found a table and went to help ourselves, no glasses for juice and when I asked I was told 'oh ok I will rinse 2 out for you', they were then placed on the tray, no one even bothered to let us now they had put them there, just general sloppy standards of staff in our opinion.
The coffee was cold so I asked for fresh which they bought, there was no milk, again I had to ask, which was bought out.
The food was not very good at all, there were no tomatoes left, the beans had gone dry, the bacon was nice but the sausages tasted really cheap and the eggs were awfully greasy too, in fact after we went back up to the room my fiancé was sick because the breakfast was not settling at all due to the grease on the eggs.
Overall I suppose if we were in the area again and needed a place to stay if this hotel was on an offer for around £25:00 we may stay again, however I would not pay full price to stay here again.
Its a shame really as with some money spent this could be a really nice hotel.
We stay at many hotels throughout the year for stays and parties etc. and I'm afraid to say this is the worst we've stayed in yet.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank MrsLB82
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This place is really run down and needs some significant money spent on it. I definitely won't be going back. Although the staff were eager to please the generally condition of the hotel made the stay very unpleasant.

Room tip: Go to another hotel
Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Paul W
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Beautiful building in a great location for railway station and town. However the room was very disappointing: there was no attention to detail, one wall had mould/damp, the nets were dirty and the runner on the bed had a tea (?) stain on it, the bath seal looked as if it had been done by a 2 year old and the carpet round the door was a disgrace. The communal areas appeared in better condition but in need of updating.

Room tip: Do not ask for room 110
Date of stay: November 2013
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank anita b
Gmanager721, General Manager at North Stafford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Thank you for posting a review of the North Stafford Hotel.

We appreciate all feedback as this helps us improve the hotel and our standards and we will be addressing the points raised in your review regarding the room you had and will deal with any problems immediately.