“The other poor revues say it really.”

North Stafford Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I was on business here for 2 nights. My room was poor and last saw an update in the late 70's or early 80's sink ans vanity unit were in the bedroom space, which was small as they gave me a single. The bed was rock hard but clean. In its current state, £35 per night is reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,093)

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I booked a room hear for my daughter and her husband they are on there way back as I right this it was a short break to go to Alton towers after getting married on Friday it smelt damp wallpaper falling of walls no light bulbs food disgusting asked for a refund but it was booked through Alton towers the answer was no got put in a other room that was a bit better why Alton towers recommend this hotel I don't know and it says its 20 mins away from Alton towers it is 40 mins away do not stop here

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ferrisStockton
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel is grim. But that wouldn't be so bad except the receptionist is unpleasant and lacks common sense. On arrival, I was grilled about my credit card booking and insisted I phone the credit card holder. On calling him, she supplied him with all the details and asked him to verify?! There are damp spots everywhere. I have asked to move room as I am an arms length away from some massive industrial pipe. As a non-smoker, I have opted to sleep in a room for smokers. Apparently the hotel is fully booked. I have my doubts. It was a regretable choice, but I should have done my homework. Though I have paid for breakfast, I may forgo it. It is probably safer to go to the station opposite.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Basic hotel, quite old and being refurbished, great location across the road from railway station and bus in the same street, young man on reception was particularly helpful with information about possible itinerary for the road trip back to Slough the next day, he answered many questions, no internet in the room, room was very hot but a fan was provided when asked for, nice bathroom which has been refurbished but main room was quite small and cramped.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed here as a base for Alton Towers visit as it was right across the road fron the train station. We checked in and the welcome was less than friendly as though we were a nuisance for being there. There was a problem with our booking (through Holiday Extras) which was sorted out. We were given our room key and up we went. We arrived at the top floor after 6 flights of stairs ( we were never told if there was a lift to use). The key we had for room did not fit the lock so i had to trundle back down the stairs and get someone to come back up with the correct key. It was a minor thing but surely a hotel chain of this size shouldn't be doing that. We got into the room which was small, clean but smelt badly of stale cigarette smoke. The only window in the whole roon was a small single skylight window which did not let in much light or air into the room. The ensuite bathroom was nice and clean with fresh towels supplied every day along with a small shampoo and soap.Again no window, just an extractor fan which hardly did any good. Tea and coffee was supplied but only one of each. Everything in the room worked and the room was clean but could seriously do with a redecoration thats for sure.For the price of the room we expected a bit better.Car parking was £3 a night.

Room Tip: We were in room 308.Felt like an attic room.Small with a single skylight, right at top of stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve P
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

This is an appalling hotel. They need to spend a fortune to get this to the standard people expect these days. For Alton Towers its a good location but Menzies at Mickleover is as good location and steers apart for comfort. Please don't bother!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 3, 2013

What a joke, This place had rooms available on the night in question (a Saturday) but "the system says the price is for 2 nights" I was told, "but I only want one night" I replied I reminded the lady that she had rooms & it was nearly midday, but all I got was "the system wont let me" so a room was available & I assume it stayed empty for the night I wanted it! Progress I assume!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shane s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke-on-Trent
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Premier Inn Stoke-On-Trent (Hanley) Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#1 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to North Stafford Hotel? Share your experiences!