“brilliant!”

Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed August 16, 2013

hotel was excellent. facilities were also brilliant including free wifi. reception staff were so helpful really made us feel welcome. we ate in the bar the first night. My wife went to order the food at the bar but the young girl with blonde hair kindly took our order for food and drinks at our table and was extremely helpful with the menu. also very happy as she showed enthusiasm with my daughter. The food was good but did take awhile to come out but the bar staff did make us aware of this and were very apologetic. We also used the pool which was a great attraction for us as my daughter loves swimming. overall great stay, staff were so friendly and welcoming and the room was perfect.

• Stayed: August 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,524)

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Having just returned from a long weekend at this hotel I could not recommend it highly enough especially for a large event. We attended a family wedding and from beginning to end it was fantastic.The excellent co-ordination was evident throughout the whole day of the wedding and the staff should be highly commended.
The hotel itself is in a lovely area close to anything one may require. After arriving on Thursday some of us we were able to enjoy a run along the canal bank for miles. Who would have thought one could enjoy such an amenity in the middle of town. Some of the rest of the gang visited the nearby shops for last minute wedding requirements.
We ate in the bar on the first night and although service was little tardy we were told by the helpful barmaid that there was a wait for food so it was nice to be warned. Food was tasty and all enjoyed their meal.
On the day of the wedding it was seamless from start to finish. Staff were on every corner to lead us in the right direction. Service at the wedding breakfast was excellent and bar staff at function room area were helpful and friendly.
The food, the fireworks, the music...everything....was class and so professional. This hotel know how to organise a big event with no fuss.
Our bedroom was to the front but was quiet, clean, and very comfortable and was attended to everyday.
Last but not least the reception staff were so kind and helpful. Tracey was really helpful to us in particular,
All in all we had a really super stay. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Visited Alton Towers and recently stayed for 3 nights at the Best Western Plus in Stoke;
Staff friendly and facilities were of a high standard (and inclusive) when compared to other hotels in this price range, no extra charges for wi-fi or fitness/pool facilities which you'd encounter in other hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
James M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Steven M

Many thanks for a 5* review it's great to hear that you and your family had a great short break with us and made full use of our facilities.

As you said we are a in a perfect location for all the local attractions and just 16 miles away from Alton Towers.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind Regards

James Machin
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My family and I used Best Western Plus, Along with myself was my Wife, Daughter, Son-in-Law and 4 grandchildren (all boys from 12 down to 3 years old. Great check-in. Once settled we all went and had a lovely swim in the Hotel pool, just right after a long journey from E. Sussex.
We were stay here to visit Alton Towers. We had very good internet connections which please the two older boys as well as the rest of my family.
Lovely hotel and very nice helpful staff. Big Big thank you from my family
Pete M

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I know that I have used the above title before but the staff at this hotel were brilliant. They say that you never get a second chance to make a first impression but from the moment we arrived the staff at reception were top class and if I had to single out one it would be Tracey who went out of her way to make our stay enjoyable. The key to customer retention is good staff as they are the public face of business.
The hotel itself is beautifully located, the rooms clean and well appointed. I did not get the chance to make use of the gym or the pool.
The food was good and well presented. We were attending a family wedding and I would highly recommend it for a large or small wedding. Nothing was left to chance, the staff were very attentive to our needs. I would love to go back and explore the Stoke on Trent area.

Room Tip: The hotel was very quiet at night. We had a room facing the garden and outdoor decking area and it w...

Dear Mary F,

Many thanks for such a great review on your rescent stay with us.

I have shared all your great feed back with the team and Tracey is made up that she managed to stand out during your stay.

We are so luck to have such great staff and as you said, "The key to customer retention is good staff as they are the public face of business".

We look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke On Trent in the future.

Kind Regards

James Machin
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were attending a wedding in the area so decided to make it a long weekend. We stayed three nights - Friday afternoon to Monday morning. Our room on the 4th floor was very good with all the expected facilities. I had brought my laptop and Reception provided me with a pile of vouchers so I could access the wifi free of charge. The level of service at Reception is exceptional. Nothing too much trouble - giving me facilities to print off Boarding Passes for the return flight, for example. Calling taxis whenever we needed them - another positive - the taxi drivers were all very friendly and informative as we were relative strangers to Stoke on Trent. The huge shopping complex nearby is well worth a visit, but we did have a poor experience in the Frankie & Bennie Restaurant in Festival Park. Contrast with the Hotel's own restaurant where we had a first class dinner of roast meats on our first evening. Breakfasts were buffet style - eat as much as you wish from the hot and cold serveries. Only disappointment - I enjoyed the swimming pool on our first day, but it was the out of action due to a fault for the rest of our stay. It would have been a nice touch if we had been offered alternative swimming facilities in the area, as the availability of a swimming pool was one of the main reasons I booked this hotel. Try the rooftop decking / seating area, lovely on a summer's evening. Overall, excellent facilities and staff.

Room Tip: We paid the extra for an upgrade to the "Executive Floor". It was good value.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2013

had a really great stay here and found the staff really welcoming, helpful and polite. everything was very clean and the food was really good. would stay here again. right next door to waterwworld which is why we stayed here as unfortunately we don't not live close by.