I actually had a booking at another hotel that was no way near as nice as this place. But they decided to contact me an hour before I had checked in whilst I was on the road to let me know that actually they didn't have my room. Needless to say I was not impressed, I was worried I had no place to stay... After a stern phone conversation the other hotel put us up at the best western, I was worried that they wouldn't know who I was and what had happened and after a long drive, I was a little at my wits end that I had no place to stay.
Reception were wonderful, I approached, gave my name and she instantly knew who I was - and understood that I was anxious about the mix up. She assured me they had my room ready, not to stress and because of the inconvenience which wasn't even their fault, they upgraded my room for me.
I instantly felt relieved and welcome, and went up to my room.
The room was lovely, spacious, clean and a lovely view, plenty of clean fluffy towels, dressing gown all laid out.
We wound down for a bit and then later we rang the reception for a taxi, they knew where we wanted to go already because of the mix up and ordered one straight away! Which arrived in 5 minutes, brilliant stuff!
We had a great nights sleep, it was quiet and no disturbances.
In the morning, we went down for a hearty breakfast, again great customer service, friendly good morning and smiles from staff.
Checked out after breakfast no trouble at all.
I would highly recommend a stay at this hotel to anyone, if it hadn't been for their wonderful hospitality and super quick organisation, my weekend would have been ruined. But thanks to these guys I had a great time! I would definitely stay again, so nice to see that some places deliver true customer service and go the extra mile to make your stay a happy one even though the error wasn't their fault. I'm glad it did happen now! Top stuff, great hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Stoke-on-Trent Moat House Hotel offers comfort and convenience, just 5 miles off the M6 Motorway and within 10 minutes of Stoke's town centre. Ideally placed for a family break, the hotel is close to Alton towers, while Waterworld is within walking distance. Bowling and the cinema can be enjoyed nearby too! As for more relaxing, grown up places of interest, Trentham gardens and a scenic canal can be reached in a matter of minutes! Our onsite leisure club means you can relax without leaving the hotel. And did we mention that this hotel is proud holder of BEST WESTERN's 2010 'Hotel with personality' award? So you'll be sure to receive a warm welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Stoke-On-Trent Moat House Hotel Stoke-On-Trent
- Stoke-On-Trent Best Western