“Wonderful service”

Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I actually had a booking at another hotel that was no way near as nice as this place. But they decided to contact me an hour before I had checked in whilst I was on the road to let me know that actually they didn't have my room. Needless to say I was not impressed, I was worried I had no place to stay... After a stern phone conversation the other hotel put us up at the best western, I was worried that they wouldn't know who I was and what had happened and after a long drive, I was a little at my wits end that I had no place to stay.

Reception were wonderful, I approached, gave my name and she instantly knew who I was - and understood that I was anxious about the mix up. She assured me they had my room ready, not to stress and because of the inconvenience which wasn't even their fault, they upgraded my room for me.

I instantly felt relieved and welcome, and went up to my room.

The room was lovely, spacious, clean and a lovely view, plenty of clean fluffy towels, dressing gown all laid out.

We wound down for a bit and then later we rang the reception for a taxi, they knew where we wanted to go already because of the mix up and ordered one straight away! Which arrived in 5 minutes, brilliant stuff!

We had a great nights sleep, it was quiet and no disturbances.

In the morning, we went down for a hearty breakfast, again great customer service, friendly good morning and smiles from staff.

Checked out after breakfast no trouble at all.

I would highly recommend a stay at this hotel to anyone, if it hadn't been for their wonderful hospitality and super quick organisation, my weekend would have been ruined. But thanks to these guys I had a great time! I would definitely stay again, so nice to see that some places deliver true customer service and go the extra mile to make your stay a happy one even though the error wasn't their fault. I'm glad it did happen now! Top stuff, great hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Mlouise169
James M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and would happily recommend us and stay again. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

James

Write a ReviewReviews (1,524)

Reviewed May 17, 2013

stayed at this supposed 4 star hotel on may 17th 2013 just for one night....thank goodness it wasnt more. Not very friendly on arrival. Evening meal awful. Breakfast looked great until you take a bite and find its cold.
Room was clean but the most uncomfortable bed ever. Just a standard double bed that had a mattress that sunk in the middle, you had to hang on to the sides for dear life if you wanted a bit of room! Not impressed at all. On departure the receptionist didnt even ask if we had enjoyed our stay, so Im putting my thoughts on here.

Room Tip: don't book one!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lynn w

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you found our room to be clean. I am concerned to read that you found multiple issues which left you feeling dissatisfied with your stay. I have taken all your comments on board and they will be discussed with our team members as soon as possible to ensure this does not happen again. I hope this will not deter you from returning to us in the future.

Kind regards
James

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed for two nights while attending a conference in town, and had an executive room at the 4th floor. The personnel that helped at the check-in and check-out were excellent, the room was perfect, a good size, airy and with a decent sized bathroom (with bath tub).
It was very quiet and never heard from the neighbours, which could mean either they were very quiet, or the wall insulation was brilliant :)
I had dinner the first night I stayed, and whilst the personnel did their best, the caesar salad served with grilled salmon was lacking some dressing and was definitely dry. Good thing I had a side order of chips, they were perfect!
I did not get to use the pool and spa facilities, but I overheard some other guests saying they were very good. Maybe next time...!

Room Tip: Most quiet rooms are on the 4th floor.
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed at the moat house for a conference and overnight stay. The hotel i found to be very clean and tidy, the rooms were spacious, although I was alone i had a family room. Bunk beds for the kids, so if you do need to stay in this neck of the woods with the family, then its well worth the stay. The conference and meeting facilities were spot on and the buffet food served excellent. Breakfast was to a very high standard, plenty of choice. The staff were all friendly, the girls on reception very welcoming and genuine. Well worth a stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
James M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear Jim L

Many Thanks for taking time to leave such a great review on your stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke On Trent Moat House.

It is great to hear such lovely comments about the hotel and team and I have shared your comments with all.

As you said we are perfectly located for conferances just 10 mins away from Jct 15/16 of the M6 and have 11 meeting rooms perfect for any size meeting.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back should it be for business or pleasure.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stay at this hotel from Nov'12 to Mar'13 about evey week on average for 2 nights with college's.
Room clean, airy, comfortable beds although rooms at the front could do with net curtain. Special praise to the front desk who were really friendly, not fake, who made our vists fun. Only fly in the ointment was the bar service could be a bit to laid back. That said food was good and nicely presented
Good location

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
James M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear Daryl,

Many thanks for a great review.

It was our pleasure having you stay with us over the last couple of months. I have shared all your comments with the team.

Dont forget to claim all those BEST WESTERN REWARDS points before you loose them. Call 0845 337 6037 and give them your rewards number.

All the best.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stay in Stoke-on-Trent regularly on business, and this is, without doubt, the best hotel in the area. Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable, and the staff here are very friendly and helpful, making for a good atmosphere.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was attending an event at Keele University and needed somewhere to stay "close"

The Moat House was a good option. I talked to colleagues who described horrific "Fawlty Towers" style events in other hotels.

Nothing like that here. Comfy beds, even though I was put in a 4 x single room with 2 single beds and a set of bunk beds. The staff were great - especially "Dawn" (I hope that's right) on reception, who just wanted to do anything she could to help out.

Breakfast was OK ... typical buffet brekkie - with decent sausages though.

And they had local beers in bottles available in the bar.

A colleague said he had visited this place before for when taking the family to Alton Towers .. and I think I understand why the rooms have so many beds now.

So - would I stay here again ... YES! Not the best, but far from the worst I have stayed in!

Room Tip: If you can get a "non family" room (unless you ARE a family of course) then do. And prefe...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
James M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Pete2306,

Many thanks for taking the time to put a response on tripadvisor.co.uk.

It is great to hear that we were "better than you thought'" and you recieved the great customer service that we are know for from DAWN.

As you rightly said we do have alot of family rooms in the hotel and this is due to us been so close to Alton Towers (16 miles) which makes us a great choice.

Once again thank you for your review, and we hope you will visit us again.