“Comfortable hotel but hard to call the staff that”

Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed there in March 2013 for a conference. The hotel is comfortable and clean, and the desk clerk friendly, although oddly he insisted on seeing my passport, although I'm British.
At the check-out time next morning (11:00 am) they rung dead on the hour to ask when we were vacating the room.

Nice hotel, good location, good bed, food reasonable, but I suggest the management learn to trusty their guests a little more.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
James M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear Morris_minor_travel

Many thanks for your review on your rescent stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke On Trent Moat House.

I am delighted that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. However, I am disappointed in your comments about our team. As you will see from most of our other responses it's our team that makes the hotel with there professional and friendly approach. I will be sharing your comments with them and I am sure they will be as equally disappointed.

Once again, thank you for your review and should your travel plans bring you to ther area again I hope you would consider staying with us again. so we can give you the customer service we are usually known for.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,524)

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I had to attend a H & S course at this venue which is about 125 miles from my home address. The H & S company were offering a deal at £109 but I booked through Booking.com and got it for £89. I only spent one night there but with what I saw I was very impressed. Very clean and spacious room for one person. Bathroom was spotless. Plenty of team and coffee making stuff (no biscuits).

Staff couldn't have been more friendly.

Pleasant and reasonably priced restaurant and spacious bar area.

I usually take advantage of the spa and leisure facilities but because my time was very limited I didn't bother. From what I could see it looked like I missed out by not giving it a go.

Would definately go back if in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Shiner54,

Many thanks for your great review on your rescent stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke On Trent Moat House.

I am delighted to hear you found all of our team to be friendly as we always try to deliver exceptional customer service to all of our guests.

Our housekeepers take alot of time and effort in preparing our guestrooms to meet the utmost possible standards. so its lovely to hear your comments on the cleanliness of your bedroom and I will communicate this to the team.

On your next visit, you must make time to vist Club Moativation and I am sure you will enjoy the facilities we have on offer.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Great place to go for a relaxing stay. Staff couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. The price is very reasonable considering the pool/sauna/jacuzzi that are available.

Out room was immaculate and having wifi available in it is always an appreciated bonus.

I shall definitely be returning

• Stayed: March 2013
James M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Carltoffeeman

Many thanks for the wonderful compliments regarding our hotel and staff. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff polite and professional.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed out FREE wifi and made use of Club Moativation whilst with us.

Why not like our Facebook or Twitter page and keep upto date with all of our calendar of events and exclusive offers.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Needing a hotel at short notice for a friend's celebration I rang Best Western and was offered a room at the Moat House. An hour later at the hotel we were offered a different, larger room as the one we had booked wasn't quite ready. The staff were very friendly, extremely helpful and very professional. The room was clean and very comfortable.

The Best Western experience made an enjoyable weekend even more so and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Andy8ch,

Many thanks for reviewing your rescent stay at our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be polite and professinoal. We take pride in our customer service and aim to please each guest individually.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again should your travels bring you to the area again.

Why not like our Facebook or Twitter page and keep upto date with our calendar of events and promotions.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed for a two night break, with evening meal on the first night. The hotel was busy but the staff were fantastic. We had one of the best receptionists ever on Friday, she really couldn’t do enough for us. Ate in the restaurant and the food was tasty and well cooked. Jess deserves a mention as she worked hard all evening and was attentive even when the restaurant was very busy. The room was clean and comfortable and the bed soft enough for a good nights sleep. Location wise you couldn’t ask for better, with good access to local attractions as well as places like Alton Towers, and Derbyshire peak districts. We have stayed in a few hotels around this area and this is the best, definitely will book again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here Friday and Saturday night as we was visiting the water park at Alton towers on the Friday and the theme park on the Saturday. The hotel was in an ideal place as it was about a 30-40 minute drive from Alton towers and also right next to the odeon, morrisons, bowling, places to eat (McDonald's, frankie n bennies etc), and shops such as toys r us, new look, boots etc. Our room was very clean and spacious and had all the things we needed for our stay (tv, hair dryer, bath, shower, tea and coffee, comfy bed etc) . The decor was a little old fashioned and there was a few cracked tiles on the walls of the bathroom but things like that don't bother me at all as it was very good for the price. Breakfast was included in our price for both days and was really nice with loads of choice and eat as much as u like. We also had 3 course dinner included in our price for one night and the food was nice. Only problem we had was we booked our table for 7.45 and when we went down for dinner they said they wouldn't be able to take our order for half an hour as they had a big party of 50 arrive. We weren't happy about this and lots of people got told the same however we did get a free drink whilst we waiting which made up for the wait. There is also a pool etc at the hotel however we didn't use this as we went to the water park so can't comment on it. I would recommend this hotel especially if u are visiting Alton towers.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I had 3 days at the Moat House, great start with a warm welcome and lovely large room, we had Dinner B & B then B & B the food was delicious and service was excellent. If this standard is throughout all Best Western Hotels where else would you want to stay?
Thank you all for your friendly and excellent service. J Maylor

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends