Firstly, as a business traveller I never write reviews as I only normally stay in the same 1-2 hotels in the midlands. This time however, I felt that I should register to give my account of the holiday inn express Stoke on trent.
Like I said usually I only stay in the same 1-2 hotels (premier inn's), but, due to a call out I found myself in stoke and decided to try a Holiday Inn express.
My first impressions were great.
Clean, Modern lobby area.
Swift Check in.
Friendly faces always helps.
Got up to my room and it was basic, but, very clean and tidy.
1 downside was the old style tv, but, a tv nontheless.
In my room I used the Wifi to send emails for work, so there is wifi atleast.
Down in the bar It was fairly quiet so I decided to take advantage of the peace and quiet and sit and read a book with a beer.
This is where my stay was ruined...
I ordered my 1st beer charged it to my room and sat down.
So far so good.
As I sat there about to go over to the bar and order my 2nd beer the gentlemen behind the bar seemed to be having issues with gas. So I continued to read and wait until he'd resolved this.
After multiple attempts he seemed to have fixed the issue.
So up I went to order.
Now it seems that at the holiday inn express the reception staff are also the bar staff.
The gentleman who was serving on the bar was now answering the phone.
So I was served by a young lady. Amy
Never in my whole life have I been spoken to in the manner of which this young lady spoke to me
greeted with an abrupt "yes please" now dont think the please was friendly. it wasn't.
I politely asked for a pint of Becks.
"anything else" Again with a tone that made me feel like I was wrong for asking for a beer.
I replied no thank you, can I charge that to my room please?
"That all depends if you're allowed"
This one remark made me feel very upset.
Not only did it insinuate that I was not worthy to charge a drink to my room, but, it also made a few other guests chuckle. to which "Amy" smiled. or atleast it looked like a smile.
needless to say no paying guest should have to go through this experience. Afterall isn't it customer service?
As I sat back down in shock as to what had just happended I observed the two desk staff and I must say they were very different
The gentleman possibly the manager? He had a mustache but I wish I'd of caught his name because he is perfect for customer service. very calm and collected and very friendly.
The young lady seemed to act like answering the phone seemed to be a major inconvenience to her.
Other than the 1 staff member in question it was a very enjoyable stay.
It seems a shame to mark so low on a wonderful hotel, but, for me the fabric of a hotel is its staff. Including its bad ones.
Needless to say this experience has reconfirmed why I choose to stay at the premier inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Receive a warm welcome at the modern Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent hotel, near junction 15 of the M6.The Holiday Inn Express hotel in Stoke-on-Trent is 4 miles outside Stoke city centre on the A50. Set in a convenient location in the Trentham Lakes Business Park, the hotel has plenty of free parking. Manchester Airport is 38 miles away, and Stoke's famous potteries are a 5-minute drive away. Treat your family to a day out at Trentham Estate, with its shopping centre, lush gardens and monkey forest. Family meals are on offer at the Harvester Restaurant opposite the Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent, and kids up to 18 can sleep for free on the sofa beds in our family rooms. Alton Towers theme park is 15 miles away. You can invite up to 35 colleagues to Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent's smart meeting room. Equipment includes an LCD projector and wireless Internet, which is available throughout the hotel. Relax in the comfortable Great Room lounge with a drink from our licensed bar or simply catch up on email with our free wireless Internet access. Join us on each morning of your stay to enjoy our complimentary breakfast; a delicious buffet featuring scrambled eggs, sausages, pastries, cereals and more. We look forward to welcoming you to our Holiday Inn Express hotel in Stoke. Rooms feature air conditioning, flatscreen TV and free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotwire, Booking.com, IHG and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Stoke-On-Trent Hotel Stoke-On-Trent
- Holiday Inn Stoke-On-Trent
- Stoke-On-Trent Holiday Inn