Emma Bridgewater Factory
Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
What a highlight of my visit to Stoke

Reviewed 2 days ago
rycharde_madethis
Miami, Florida
Fab morning out

Reviewed 6 days ago
Kay H
Stamford, United Kingdom

All reviews decorating studio seconds shop afternoon tea pottery painting cake walled garden half pint polka dot egg cup main shop each piece gift shop excellent tour informative tour quiche lovely cafe my mum
Reviewed 2 days ago

Pottery heaven. I didn't take the factory tour, but spent a lot of time shopping in the seconds section, and also the good stuff. Purchased lovely mugs to give to family members. But the best was the English Cream Tea at the little restaurant they have. Coffee, scones and clotted cream on a rainy morning, mmm...

Reviewed 6 days ago

My friend and I enjoyed a visit to the factory with our four children ages range from 7-11 in half term for some Halloween fun. Started with a trip round the factory which was so interesting even the kids were fascinated watching throw the plates and bowls was their favorite part and the guys working in there were very chatty telling them all about it. I loved watching the decoration of the mugs etc , facinating! The lady who took us round was lovely , knew everything we asked ,I think she said she had been there for 30 years.
The kids loved the next bit, playing with clay and making bats and pumpkins an hour just disappeared. We got to the cafe just in time to have tea and cake all served using the beautiful crockery. We had to have a quick look in the shop of course, the kids were bored with that bit but all in all a fun morning.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Fantastic day, tour was really interesting and makes you fully appreciate the work that goes into each piece of pottery. Afternoon tea was yummy and the decorating studio was so much fun. All the staff were friendly and helpful and clearly passionate about what they do. Would highly recommend and will definitely go back.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We would have loved to visit the factory but it was closed due to a resent fire! The cafe & shop were lovely very friendly staff!

Steph W, Public Relations Manager at Emma Bridgewater Factory, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thanks for your kind comments and the good news is that our factory tours have now resumed and the decorating studio is open again. We hope you might visit us again in the future and really look forward to welcoming you back to the Factory.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my family always visit here on our way to my grandparents in North Wales. The cafe is always so good with lovely hot or cold food for breakfast and lunch along with a good selection teas and coffees! My family and I have had a tour of the factory which was really fun! The shops are good to have a look around as one shop is selling things at a discounted price which they call “seconds” as they might have the slightest imperfection, but usually hardly noticeable! The other shop however sells at the RRP. I would really recommend popping in for a hot drink and a nice slice of cake!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The cafe is always a treat with good food and facilities. It rounds off a visit to the shop and seconds shop nicely. I have eaten lunch here several times. This time the quiche was very good and the soup was pronounced delicious by my fellow diner. The cake looked good, but the slices were quite mean. Prices are high, but the ambience is relaxed and homely and the food is presented well on EB China.

Reviewed September 20, 2018

We drank some tea at the factory and it was really nice. Good services, lots of tea and a delicious scone. There is a big shop where you can buy all kinds of painted mugs, they look amazing.

1  Thank postvoorrachel
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

It's always a lovely experience visiting the factory.

Great choice on the menu (soup was a little watery and flavourless but everything else i have eaten there has been amazing!) Lovely gift shop and lovely friendly staff.

2  Thank Annabel H
Reviewed September 4, 2018

Love Love Love this place! Cafe is fabulous with daily specials all served on EB pottery! The shop showcases all of the latest EB designs, and the seconds shop is full to the brim with bargains and discontinued patterns! Loads of parking and the factory tour is awesome - I will never look at another piece of EB pottery without thinking of the craftsmanship and effort put into each individual piece!

1  Thank Jessica F
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Really disappointed with the so called customer service I received from Emma Bridgwater. I booked a table for our anniversary for Sunday the 19th of August, then to arrive from Sheffield to be told by a passaby that the factory was closed due to a fire which happened on the Friday before.
That’s fair enough and can totally understand, but to only find out that information when we arrived is a bit of a joke.
In all fairness I did complain and was offered a free afternoon tea. As it is a 132 mile round trip I wanted to wait again till around Xmas time to make the journey. I accepted the offer and asked to see if I can book around December time. That was over two weeks ago and heard nothing back.
I feel really let down by Emma Bridgwater. We are really good customers and have pretty much everything we can from plates, cups, cake tins and even a DAB radio.
I may have just been unlucky and one of those that’s just ‘slipped through the net’ in regards to letting me know about the fire incident.
The only reason I decided to give 2 stars is because we still love the product, shame about the customer service.

1  Thank danking85
Steph W, Public Relations Manager at Emma Bridgewater Factory, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

We're very sorry that due to the fire at the factory late on Friday 17th August which knocked out all of our power, telephones and booking system, we were unable to contact you in time before you visited on 19th August. As power and systems were restored staff tried to contact as many customers as possible but unfortunately weren't able to speak to all customers directly or in time and we do apologise for your wasted journey and the inconvenience caused.

Please could we ask you to contact our studio team on 01782 201328 or email decoratingstudio@emmabridgewater.co.uk with your contact details and we will be very happy get in touch to arrange a complimentary afternoon tea for you as promised. We do hope to welcome you back to the Emma Bridgewater Factory soon.