“Excellent!!”

Emma Bridgewater Factory
Ranked #2 of 11 Tours in Stoke-on-Trent
More attraction details
Owner description: The Emma Bridgewater factory lies in the heart of the historic Stoke Potteries region, in a sunny Victorian factory on the banks of the Caldon Canal. Join us on a factory tour, try your hand at decorating a piece of your very own unique pottery, relax for lunch in our beautiful kitchen, or enjoy an afternoon in the garden behind the factory. We’ve got a gorgeous factory shop, full of your favourite pieces and a lovely gift shop selling our newest designs. The factory opens its doors for guided tours every Monday to Friday. Visit our website to make on-line bookings and for the latest event information (booking recommended).
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Had a superb visit. The staff are incredible especially in the shops and studio - very impressed! Food excellent and well worth trying. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

There are no factory tours at weekends but we had a lovely time painting in the pottery studio. My children age 8 and 11 were the only children in the studio at the time which had quite a grown up feel they really enjoyed. The lady who explained what to do was clear and not patronizing. The pottery was expensive but the use of the sponges gave it the iconic Emma bridge water feel. I went to collect it a week later but you can get the things posted to you itnlooked way better than I thought it was going to!
The tea shop is pretty and the cake was excellent. My daughter enjoyed the soup. It all came quickly we had to have another session in the tea shop when we went to collect!
Couldn't find any bargains in the factory shop though!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great tour. Hadnt booked but the lady taking the tour managed to fit us on. Came away with an appreciation as to how much hands on work goes into just one mug.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Painting assistant was great very good with children. Plenty of colours to use and sponge stamps too. Not many lower priced items to paint bill at the end was a shock! We painted a plate, hot chocolate mug, egg cup and small plate £60 plus sitting fee then postage for items.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

On a rainy half term we headed to the factory, planning lunch, a factory tour and a bit of shopping. Found a table and headed to order or food, chaos as everyone waiting for a tour had nowhere else to wait other that the counter. Ordered tea for 2, a juice, piece of cake and two sandwiches. Tea and cake arrived quickly, but after waiting 40 minutes with a hungry 7 year old I asked the waitress how much longer we would be waiting. She abruptly told me I hadn't ordered any! The missing £20 note from my purse told me otherwise, and I was sent to the till to enquire. Turns out our order was never taken to the kitchen! I asked for a refund, as it was too late by this point, but was not given a refund for our drinks. The lady on the till did let my son have a gingerbread man for free which I was going to purchase to stem his hunger. Our plan of a tour and shopping was then off, I was just too brassed-off.

3  Thank MrsPLincs_England
EmmaBridgewater, Manager at Emma Bridgewater Factory, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for taking time to post a review following your recent visit to the Emma Bridgewater factory. Firstly I would like to offer my sincerest apology that the service you received wasn't up to the high standards that we set ourselves. As you can see from other posts we normally have very good feedback but we take on board that on this occasion we didn't meet your expectations.

Can I ask for you to call our Retail Manager on 01782 201328 so that we can discuss this further and have an opportunity to make amends?