“Not brill”

Buffet Fever
Ranked #154 of 536 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Staffs
“Not brill”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Went there tonight and I was pretty disappointed.
The starters were nice but empty trays and didn't seem to fill them up often enough.
Not a lot of choice for a main meal, I must admit I prefer Buffet Island, might be a bit dearer but worth it.
We paid £11.49 which didn't include drinks.
Would have preferred a takeaway to be honest.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank biancohelen

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Disgusting”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

This is my 2nd review as my 1st has been deleted! The food was awful. We paid £62 inc drinks for 3 adults, 2 children & 1 toddler! The desserts were odd & tasted strange, the drinks expensive & food just not nice at all!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank debris80
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Rather good !”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Been here on a few occasions recently, overall good value, good choice and good quality.the starter section is the best,you could easily satisfy your appetite on these alone without venturing for the mains,the prawn toast and small battered fish fillets are lovely covered in Chinese curry sauce, nom nom !
The mains on the other hand are quite average,however,not a bad deal just a bit samey and dare I say it ,bland .
Service and quality don't need to be put under a microscope, more than acceptable,also,the dessert selection is very good.all in all. Very good,just one tip though dont park in the adsa car park, it's a nightmare,park over the road near boots and sports direct,you will never get out of the asda car park it's that bad !!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Sean H
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Acceptable for the money”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We went mid-week, a very quiet night, £11.50 per head for the buffet (this is the Sun-Thurs rate). Pros: an open kitchen (nothing to hide!), friendly service, fastidious changing of old dishes and topping up with appropriate quantities of freshly-cooked *piping hot* food, serving areas were clean, hand sanitisers by the serving stations for the guests, plates are proper (often melamine at buffets), *excellent* satay sauce (often it's runny peanut butter, but this had depth, complexity & good consistency). Serving format: I like going to the counters to choose my own bits n pieces rather than ordering from a menu - not everyone does. If you like listening to an entire Bee Gees Live album, this is your bag!

Cons: although I appreciate that as a quiet, mid-week night they couldn't be expected to serve a vast range of dishes, I did expect to see sweet & sour chicken (they'd got s&s pork on offer though), and my partner was disappointed that it was shredded pork, not duck, for the pancakes. The range was acceptable, I think, but we were missing these 'standards'. Puddings: the usual - fruit, an ice-cream machine, a chocolate fountain, slices of fluffy gateau. The venue looks like a small conference centre - totally soulless, but you don't go to this type of meal for a characterful experience. The view was of ASDA carpark - hey-ho, it's in Tunstall, not Monaco. If you don't like listening to an entire Bee Gees Live album, don't go here!

If I was 14 and really wanted my parents to pay for a meal there with mates as my birthday party, it'd be perfect. Big groups, large families - great, I'd imagine.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank CurlyMel14d
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Bland and uninteresting”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We went one Sunday for the buffet, and found that the food was bland tasting, and there was a poor selection for my Mum - a vegetarian.

Visited July 2012