“A very warm welcome and fabulous fresh food”
Review of Ria Thai - CLOSED

Ria Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“A very warm welcome and fabulous fresh food”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

If you like Thai food then this is the place to go in Stoke

Food is always top quality and very friendly family owners

• Visited May 2013

Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The Ria is often overlooked even more know one knows it here! Thats why it is quiet, Ignore the decor, it is a little old fashioned style wise. But great restaurants are about the taste of food, this is hands down the best tasting Thai food we have ever had. We've had a lot!
Every time we come food quality is consistently excellent and the service excellent and friendly!

• Visited May 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Works do!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The restaurant was recommended by a colleague for food quality. The decor is a bit random a bit of a 70's throwback however the food is immense, on top of that they coped well with a large party all demanding food and alcohol with calm pleasantness. We will be going back again.

• Visited November 2012
Newcastle under Lyme, null, United Kingdom
“Favourite place in Hanley to eat!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is my favourite place to eat in Hanley and probably in Stoke in general. I am vegan and there is absolutely loads of options for me and unlike other places the staff seem sure of what goes into their food and there is a sign in the window saying 'vegans catered for here'. I like that it is a very casual place to eat as personally I am definitely not looking for somewhere so posh that I feel uncomfortable. I find the staff to be dead nice and smiley and the service to be reasonable for freshly cooked food- not really quick but if you're out for a proper meal that isn't unreasonable. If you want tasty thai food at a really good price and aren't too bothered about being surrounded by other diners then this is a good place to go. And if youre vegan and looking for somewhere to eat, it is so class- I really recommend it!!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Elly K
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Reasonable price, lacking something”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We visited with friends on a Friday night following reading positive reviews on here. Even in January I would have expected more than two tables, we quickly realised why, the service was slow and not v cheery, sticky menus and dull decor. The food was reasonably priced and was just ok. We sat cold for the entire evening and I was going to order a coffee at the end of the meal to warm myself up only the waitress never came to ask us if we would like dessert or more drinks, I guess they just wanted to close up!! There are much nicer Thai restaurants in the area, spend that bit more and avoid this place.

1 Thank Stephsoontobeough