“Excellent for the price.”

Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My partner and I booked an overnight stay, and found the visit to be very pleasurable. There was plenty of parking close to the hotel, check-in was quick and easy, and the receptionist was friendly informative, and helpful. On entering the room, we were pleasantly surprised to find a clean, modern, spacious and well-furnished room. There were plenty of towels for us, and whilst my partner prefers three pillows at night, those that were available were adequate. The bed itself was extremely comfortable, with space beneath to store our luggage, and my partner and I enjoyed a very good nights sleep.

Like the bedroom, the restaurant was clean, modern and spacious. The service was nicely paced - prompt without being rushed - and very friendly. There was plenty of choice on the modestly priced menu, with an adequate range of vegetarian dishes for my partner, and a choice of ‘meal deals’. The food was well proportioned, well presented, and most importantly, very, very nice!

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to anyone who is looking for good overnight accommodation at an incredibly competitive price.

A big ‘well done’ to all the staff!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Peter W

Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband & I have just had 2 days at this hotel whilst visiting friends in the area. Our first visit to Premier Trentham but we were not disappointed. As usual from Premier Inns ALL the staff were polite, friendly & courteous with smiley faces when greeting guests. Our room was very clean, spacious & warm or cool as required. We ate delicious breakfasts & an excellent evening meal that accommodated my needs perfectly, nothing was too much trouble for anyone. I cant' recommend this hotel highly enough & we will certainly be back here soon.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmblesideTweeny
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here in December with my two children and was very impressed with the service, and the standard of cleanliness. Our room was very clean, and quiet, we all slept really well. The receptionist on check-in was lovely, allowing us to leave our bags in the room, even though we were early arriving. We had the Premier Inn breakfast the following morning and really enjoyed it. Again, the staff were lovely, explaining how everything worked. I will definitely be staying here again when visiting my relatives who live nearby.

1  Thank juliespencer258
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Firstly I should point out that we have not stayed at a Premier Inn for a long time, in fact not even a Hotel in the UK so some of these items might be generic across Premier Inns, and perhaps other hotels. We stayed for a period of 9 days through Christmas. Overall this was a nice Hotel, nice location, rooms basic but acceptable. Living in a big city we appreciated the quiet at night with no traffic noise with our room being on the Gardens side. Staff were generally helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was very good, with a lot more variety than I expected. The only real down side was the Housekeeping, my wife is a stickler for a clean room so to find out their policy on a 'stayover' was not to Vacuum clean rooms or change sheets for 'a few days' was something of a shock. Especially having a young child the room quickly got untidy so after a few days we had to ask for the floor to be Vacuumed and sheets changed. This seemed to be something of a shock for housekeeping. One day we got back to the hotel and a Housekeeping had managed to make the beds without disturbing a dirty tissue lying on the bed that we had used to wipe our lo's face or whatever. We found it ironic that if we checked out and back in again, we would have had a cleaner room than staying over. I can't see what harm a quick Tidy and Vacuum each day would do? I could have understood Christmas day and Boxing day, but that was not the case.

Room Tip: West facing rooms face away from the busy A34
1  Thank dwain_dibbley
Reviewed January 4, 2013

First visit to a Premier Inn and we were pleasantly surprised by the large room and good facilities especially as we had booked online and paid so little. Excellent choice for a family with young children as the staff kindly assigned us a room very close to reception/restaurant thus we could put our toddler to bed and then eat in the restaurant, sit and read in the bar and relax while keeping an ear on the baby monitor. Staff were extremely friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Some Premier Inns do not have a restaurant inside the hotel itself so something to keep in mind if you want to do as we did with the baby monitor. Would definitely stay in a Premier Inn again,

Room Tip: Ask for room near reception if you want to use a baby monitor while in the restaurant
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My family and I stop here overnight on the drive from London to Scotland. It always offers a comfortable stay, spacious, modern rooms and value for money. We've always found the staff to be friendly and approachable and, given the low prices, the food is very edible.

Lots of parking space outside the main entrance.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

fifth visit to this hotel, this time with family of 12 and we loved it, staff were excellent and so comfy in our rooms. A lovely time for us all, we will be back. we always use trentham premier inn because everything is close you can park the car and relax

Room Tip: rooms at the front are quieter away from busy road
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke-on-Trent
Travelodge Stoke on Trent Trentham
#1 of 1 in Burslem
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
#4 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel? Share your experiences!