“Nothing specail”

Wolseley Arms
Ranked #16 of 245 Restaurants in Stafford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Embracing the rural charm of its tranquil, scenic setting, The Wolseley Arms offers a modern twist on traditional country pub dining. As well as offering a beer garden for enjoying summertime dining, the cosy dining room is filled with rustic original features and toasty fires for warming winter dining. Championing favourite British recipes, guests can enjoy evenings devoted to the inn's freshly-baked pies, as well as gourmet roast dinners and seasonal cocktail mixes.
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I was hoping for a lot more than I received on my visit to this venue. I went with a party of 18 for a family celebration and was embarrassed and disappointed to be eating there. The meals were mostly over cooked, we had to get our own cutlery, the tables and glasses were dirty, the walls had old food and drink stains on them, there were knives and forks under the skirting boards from previous diners, the toilet floors were wet... the list is endless !!!!!!!! It is beyond me how on earth this venue scored a 5 on its food hygiene standards award that is boldly displayed at the entrance. COME ON WOLSLEY ARMS, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER !!
Suffice to say this has to be one of the worst places I have had the misfortune to visit, and I shall not be recommending it to any of my family or friends.

There are newer reviews for Wolseley Arms

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We booked a work Christmas meal for 15 and cannot fault the service we received. Excellent staff, food arrived hot and was tasty, drinks refilled. Everyone said how smoothly it ran. Not an eyebrow was raised when we all paid seperately. Thank you very much.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We were looking for a new place for Saturday lunch and thought of the Wolseley Arms. We were shown straight to a table when we went in, and brought three menus, which depended on whether you wanted a 3 course lunch, a good deal or the offers of the day, which happened to be haggis, as we were near to Burns Night. I love haggis and I wasn't disappointed. We have been several times since, and they have always made us feel welcome, we have never had to wait for a table, and the food has always been good and there's an interesting choice. The decor is cosy and the atmosphere is welcoming.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

A warm welcome is always found at this pub. The staff are friendly and the food is always good.
My lad had hurt his leg earlier in the day and the staff treated him like royalty making sure he was comfortable and giving him an ice pack for his leg!
A table can always be found no matter how busy the pub is.
The barman will offer his advise on any of the beer on tap and allow a sample if you are not sure, nothing seems to be much trouble, happy to visit anytime.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Eat here quite often. Excellent pub food and very reasonably priced. Haven't had a bad meal yet. We took our Australian visitors here and they were very satisfied with the food and drinks.