“Great food & intimate restaurant”
Review of No 5

Ranked #51 of 245 Restaurants in Stafford
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have been here a few times now and the food is excellent. Service was not as good last time round but still it is defiantly worth a visit!

There are newer reviews for No 5

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went back to No.5 as a last minute thing on Friday 2nd October, and managed to get a table at really short notice. Food and service was once again nothing short of fantastic which once again shows this to be without doubt Stafford'd finest dining establishment. We look forward to returning at our earliest opportunity ...... we can and do recommnend No.5 as Stafford No.1 restaurant !

Reviewed October 31, 2012

As we were spending the weekend in Stafford we asked someone we know to recommend a good reastaurant to celebrate my husband's birthday and they told us No 5 was one of their favourites. We booked before we left home as we were told it was quite small and did get busy as it was only open Thursday to Saturday. We arrived to a very warm welcome from the owner. There were four of us and we all had different things from the menu but all agreed that the selection on the menu was a bit different from the norm and everything we ate was really very good and our steaks were cooked to perfection. I can't comment on the desserts because I was too full but my frend who had the Baileys cheescake was still talking about it the following day! At the end of the evening we phoned for a taxi to be told it would be at least an hour. The owner kindly tried another firm for us that said they would be half an hour. However they had not turned up three quarters of an hour later. At this point the chef/owner came out of his kitchen after a very long evening and offered to drive us to our hotel. Now that's what I call service! Would I recommend this restaurant? - yes I would and I just wished I lived a little closer because I would be back regularly.

1  Thank DerbyJools
Reviewed October 9, 2012

After looking fior some where different to dine, I checked out trpadvisor for a local restaurant and plumped for No.5, and am so glad we did. After ringing and booking a table for us and our friends we took the short trip on the train and walked up to the mews. We received a very warm welcome and were shown to our table. Throughout the night we were made to feel we were the only people in the restaurant (which was busy I hasten to add), the 3 children with us were asked exactly what they would like to eat and drink and also given a lot of attention, which is rare in restaurants nowadays.
Between us we tried the soup, pate, scallops and camembert starters, all of which were perfect, for mains we opted for the sea bass, venison, lamb and vegetable tart which again were presented well and perfectly cooked (albeit the venison was slightly underdone). The wine choice is sufficient with enough to pick from for all palates. All in all we had an excellent night out made perfect by the welcome and attention we received throughout, we shall be back.

1  Thank Matt and Teresa H
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was our very first viit to No5 after several reviews from our close friends, The whole evening was fantastic, a very warm welcome from the host, prompt attention from the moment we sat at our table, drinks arrived whilst looking at the menu and the specials board was explained very thoroughly. all the courses arrived hot and presented beautifully. As my friends said "most impressed" Thank you No5 hope to see you soon. P.S. hope you have a lovely holiday enjoy the break regards. Alan & Deb. stafford.