Vine Hotel
$99
Weston Hall(Stafford)
$168
$164
The Moat House(Acton Trussell)
$137
$128
Agoda.com
$65
PremierInn.com
$68
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Stafford Central Hotel(Stafford)(Great Value!)
$46
Travelodge
All reviewsreal shamethe room was nicetown centretwin roomcomfortable staybed was very comfortablereception stafftea and coffeethe ground floorpintmattbeamsensuite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Marstons need to sort their act out with this establishment, very tired and dated, the receptionist was the breakfast chef, and the coffee is horrendous at breakfast time. The room above me had creaky floor boards and every step could be heard. For the price they charge I would try the Swan, also in the town centre.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Bruce G
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I am giving 2/5 partly because I blame myself for not reading reviews here first, before booking for a meal. At first, I was confused which entrance door to use, then upon entering, I had no idea where to go. I was looking around & people sitting at the tables could see I was confused. I found the bar but still no staff. Finally got served & ordered drinks while I tried to suss out for signage, then I asked the women at the bar who to see or where to be seated & she disappeared for a while, I noticed she had a rag in her hand later on (was cleaning & preparing our table, even though the place was near empty). For our party of 7, the staff decided to seat us awkwardly with a round table & rectangular table, formed a weird L-shape.
No of us had never been to The Vine before, so we were waiting & waiting for someone to take our order & no-one did. My partner noticed people were placing food orders at the bar, when he got our drinks. We were not told we had to do this, or there is no signage anywhere. Digging around our handbags, we found a notepad & pen, for everyone wrote their order on the pad. You couldn't have a open tab for the meal which made it awkward asking everyone for money, my partner ended up paying for everyone.
On the menu it clearly stated 'we have suggested the accompaniments which work best, but if you’d prefer something else instead you can choose from the following;new potatoes, mashed potatoes, jacket potato, chips, rice or garlic bread." - This is NOT the case, I didn't want the garlic bread with my main but was told I had to & couldn't change it. My partner ordered beef ribs with a creamy peppercorn sauce, but it was smothered in gravy. Anyways, after we finished eating we assumed the staff would clear our tables, as they were full of empty pint glasses & our plates, but no, they did not. Staff cleared the table besides us while they were still sitting there, even though they started eating their meal as we finished ours. We were going to have dessert but I was actually fed up with the staff & the place in general, we decided to grab a cake from Tesco's and eat it at home with freshly brewed coffee.
For the similar price we could of eaten elsewhere in town. I would personally never visit again, the staff are non existent & have no people skills.

Room Tip: All food & drink orders must be paid at the bar immediately, no open tab. Make sure you have a notepad & pen handy to write down your own meals orders.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We have stayed a few times, and it suits us down to the ground, lovely caring staff, food/drinks are of good choice and quality, rooms are good.
We always try to book at the Vine before anywhere else.

Room Tip: Further away from the stairs the better.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Having been in The Vine Hotel a few times, I thought I should write a review. As a place for a drink, it's a good choice. Even on a busy Saturday after the Xmas lights went on in 2012, it was fairly quiet, as the pub is tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the pedestrianised streets in town. For an evening drink, The Vine is enjoyable and I've also popped in solo quite late in the evening for a hot chocolate whilst waiting for my last bus home [when Arriva ran them!!].

My last visit to The Vine was late on a Sunday lunch time, a celebratory drink with friends, then my OH and I decided to stay to sample the Sunday carvery. The price was reasonable and the aromas from the dining/kitchen area enticing! We were some of the last diners and were shown a table by a friendly waitress, informed of the roasts available and perused the menu, which we could also choose from. We opted for the roast, which arrived quite promptly, with vegetables already on the plate, so this wasn't a traditional carvery. The vegetables were nice enough, but the meat very average. However, the meal filled us up. There were offers on the desserts, which all sounded delicious, but neither of us had any room for more food! Ah well, another time and perhaps we'll try some meals from the menu then. [A few years ago, I'd enjoyed a Moroccan dish] Service was good and a friendly chat was possible with the waitress.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at the Vine hotel whilst visiting the classic motorcycle show in Stafford. Rooms were well appointed, comfortable and clean. Staff were very welcoming and accommodating, we were made to feel right at home. We ate in the hotel on the first night, good variety of food, perfectly cooked and presented well, excellent value as well with two main courses being offered for just £10. We really enjoyed our stay in Stafford and the Vine hotel and it's excellent staff played a large part in that. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends