“Handy but average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Brewers Fayre Redhill
Ranked #58 of 234 Restaurants in Stafford
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“Handy but average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Handy if you are staying at the Premier Inn next door, but average if you want a decent meal. I, generally, find that the service is good but the food is formulaic and average. Having said that, I remember that their beef and ale pie is very fulsome and tasty.

Visited July 2012

Stafford, United Kingdom
“God sent the food-The Devil sent the Cook(s)”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I visited this restaurant , with my wife at 1700hrs on Sunday 16th December 2012. Returning home from Birmingham via the M6 we tried to get in at the Catch Corner Restaurant, at Junction 13, but being packed I decided to carry on to Junction 14 and dine at the Redhill. My wife offered to go home and cook but I decided against that as I was very hungry and in any event I did not want her standing at a stove all evening. I should have listened to her and complied with her wishes.

The Redhill is a very comfortable venue with a nice atmosphere and the staff were very welcoming and polite. We both ordered two course meals starting with the soup which was fresh,hot and very tasteful. We then went to the carvery for the main course to find fresh turkey and ham being brought on the beef already being in place. The turkey and beef were both beautifully hot, well cooked and tasted very nice, however the rest of the meal could not attract the same accolade. I suppose I should have been suspicious seeing the very small amounts of food in each of the containers of the bain-marie which would account for the poor taste and luk-warm. It had obviously been hanging about some time. The roast potatoes would have better been described as fried potatoes and the gravy was bland. We left this establishment £23-98 lighter, unimpressed and a feeling that as no inquiry was made as to if we had enjoyed our meal, no-one cared. I was given a web based questionnaire giving me an opportunity to vent my spleen. This I completed, the same evening, and raised the same points
chronicled here. To date I have received no reply compounding my belief that care is far from their mind and that the web based return I completed was just a pretense. Not even the usual reply of " you were just unlucky on this occasion. Once bitten.......................!!!!!!!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank John G
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good pub food at a good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Very busy on weekends , we have been on a few occasions and a lot of tables are usually reserved. No matter how busy it is the staff find you a table quickly even without a reservation. The bar staff were a little slow leading to queuing. The food is good and priced fairly ideal for families and big groups. There's a children's play area which seems popular.

“Irritating waitress”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I came in for my breakfast after staying in the hotel. I was the only person in the restaurant which im assuming is why the waitress kept bugging me, theres being friendly and then plain annoying! The boss then made an appearance, and spoke to the waitress awfully, made me feel very uncomfortable. Overall very poor customer service and cold breakfast, won't be back in a hurry.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
South Shields, England, United Kingdom
“IBA UK Christmas Diner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I loved the Pepsi at £2.25 with all night free re-fills, about time that carbonated water and Pepsi syrup were priced at their value. Meal was very good and efficiently served to the 30 or so of us.

Visited December 2012