“its a wow” 5 of 5 bubbles

DriveMe Driving Experience
Pelsall, England, United Kingdom
“its a wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

although it was all over in under 5 mins to drive a£800000 lambo wow brian was my tutor once he new i could drive the car fast and safe told me to floor it wow the fastest thing iv ever driven in my life passing everything out there look forward to doing it again thanks brian for the blast.............john

Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Check your bank statement”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

This review is solely about my experience with the company and not the actual experience-which my son hasn't done yet. Driveme.net took out the payment 3 times from my bank account and I have still not received a refund-despite several phone calls.Now they tell me they have refunded me via my paypal account-which they don't have access to as I paid using my bank debit card. Neither paypal nor my bank have received a payment. My bank has credited me the refund and will be contacting Driveme.net. Please check your bank statement after making a purchase and if this happens to you don't waste your time talking to Driveme.net-they obviously don't care about their customers.

2 Thank Dena D
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic, amazing, fabulous totally speachless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Arrived at 3.45pm on Friday 14th was easy to register on arrival, I had booked the Porsche however that had brokendown earlier in the day so I was upgraded to the Audi r8 the service was great and there are loads to do I could have spent a fortune. It is defo boys and their toys, great day

2 Thank Chesterref
Manchester, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Hold on to your hats!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Had this experience bought for me by my two grown up children. I was a little nervous at first but my fears were soon eased by the staff and the instructors in the cars. I asked if I could drive the Audi R8 (my dream car) instead of the Lambo that was originally ordered by my family. this was arranged with no problems. Before you go out on to the track you have to attend a 10 minute briefing on how to control the car and of the layout of the track. When your name is eventually called to get in the car, a guide will take you over to the relevant car and make sure you are in the correct position and your seatbelt is fastened. The instructor is very friendly and guides you round the track and informs you when to change up and down the gears. My Instructor must have drove formula 1's in his last job as just as I was getting used to the car, the experience was over. You do six laps in total and this takes around three to four minutes to complete the experience. The only downfall to the experience is the viewing area is very limited. I would definitely do it again. I hope your listening kids!!!!

Chester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty good day all thing considered!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

I arrived early on Saturday the 8th of Sept (7:45am) ready for an 8am start. It's a bit early for a Saturday, but you don't have to pay £10 extra for a 'premium' slot in the afternoon if you are happy to go early. I have to say that overall I had a good day. Yes you don't spend a long time in the car, but I was lucky enough to drive a few cars and really enjoyed it.

The briefing was fine - OK they did throw in a couple of sales pitches, but wouldn't you if you ran the place? They did talk about positioning of cones on the track to help you with the best racing lines, braking points etc. which was quite useful.

My first experience was 2 laps as a passenger in a Lotus Elise with an instructor driving. He was a very friendly guy and showed me the correct racing lines whilst driving rather quickly. I enjoyed it and felt it helped when I came to drive.

My first driving experience was the 4x4 complementary experience. OK it was short, but it was complementary....

I then had 6 laps in a Lamborghini Gallardo which was great! The instructor pretty much let me get on with it after a brief introduction to the car. I was quickly up to speed and going around at a good lick, passing a number of cars.... I did have open track for a while at the start which was good as the last 2 laps where quite slow because of traffic.

My next drive was to be in a Ferrari, but it broke down earlier so they offered me the option of an Audi R8 and a Renault Clio experience to compensate. I was a bit disappointed since I quite liked the idea of the Ferrari and wasn't that bothered by driving the R8 since it is a Lambo underneath anyway... I was eyeing up the Nissan GTR anyway, so asked if I could drive that instead which wasn't a problem, so after a short wait, it was my turn in the GTR.

I was a bit disappointed with this drive, not because of the car (it is an engineering triumph) but the instructor was quite controlling. He stated at the start that I was to change gear when he said and brake when he said....:-( Now it has a flappy paddle gear shift which I was not used to, but I wanted to concentrate on the drive and not feel I was 17 again.... He always asked me to brake too early (bear in mind I had just driven the Lambo and knew when to brake....) and change up when accelerating at around 4.5K revs which was ridiculous! Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed this drive and still went quick enough, but wanted to push it a bit further.

I went for the Clio experience next which I got free since the Ferrari was broken. It was quite fun, only going 20 mph around a tiny track, but doing hand brake turns....which was the point of the experience. I enjoyed it in any case.

Overall I think it is reasonable value and it was fun. I have been on a track day before and you can't really compare the two. If you just want to drive a supercar and at least put your foot down a bit, then this experience does exactly that.

1 Thank James M