“Great for little kids”

Ranked #10 of 13 Stafford B&B and Inns
Eccleshall, United Kingdom
“Great for little kids”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Great for little kids and todlers. also it has a really nice miniture railway and a great farm. I dont think the is a hotel there but I am not to sure. All in all I recomend Amerton Farm. Also I think the play barn is very good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is an old farmhouse so is unlikely to be in pristine condition. It wasn't. The furnishings in the bedrooms are very old and tired. A good clean everywhere would greatly improve things. A filthy and stained carpet in the bedroom is just not acceptable.

Other reviewers have mentioned the breakfast, I agree with them, it was very good. Unfortunately it does not compensate for a pretty disappointing experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank tim252

Travelers are raving about these Stafford hotels

Island of Malta, Malta
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at Amerton Bed and Breakfast for 7 nights. I can say that we really enjoyed our stay. Eunice and Bill, patrons of the B&B were very helpful, especially with the kids. They gave us very useful tips. The breakfast was great too. Amerton farm especially the play barn, was great. The kids really liked it. They were never fed up to visit. And as we had 4 days raining, the play barn was ideal. We ll surely visit again. 10x again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Atanasio0510
timmy8oy
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have stayed here many times and I have a feeling I will be again. Love the house, full of character and charm. The hosts are brilliant, I feel like I am staying at my Nans when at Amerton, the breakfast is always good and freshly made to order. The big selling point about Amerton is the farm and the experience it gives all the family, lots to do and lots of local produce on sale. Back to the house, it is very peaceful, clean and tidy and the garden is wonderful. I have nothing negative to say at all but then I am easily pleased and don`t worry about minor details, a good nights sleep and a great breakfast, surely that is what it is all about? See you soon Bill & Eunice!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank timmy8oy
Burntwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We have been here 4 times now and have always found it great for the grand children.
With so much to see with the animals and a lovely play area to and nice picnic site.
The shop is well stocked with local produce and a very good selection of bottled beers, also some really nice ice-cream is for sale to.
A very good tip we can give is take your own food and drinks as the food is a little expensive with a small bottle of fruit shoot costing £1.30 we got 4 bottles in supermarket for just £1.00.
All of the staff are very pleasant and most friendly with plenty to chat to you about.
We have been on Saturday afternoons and bank holiday times which is busy.
A nice train ride is also there to which is very popular.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
stoke-on-trent
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely day out with the grandchildren,I thought there could be more animals for the children to interact with,little ones would struggle to see the pig horses as the enclosure was rather high, the fun area was good good selection for all ages, the day we went it was really cold so spent most of our time in the play area, the farm shop was really good lots of home made produce to buy, my grandchildren recommend the ice cream, gift shops had a good selection with reasonable prices, would return but on a warmer day.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at Amerton Farm B+B for one night whilst on business in Stafford. The room was basic and clean. The major gripe that I had was that the courtyard light was so bright that I found it difficult to sleep. In addition I was a little cold and felt uneasy using the electric heater to keep myself warm. Bed comfortable and shower very good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business