“Sorry not recommended”

The Woolpack
Ranked #90 of 241 Restaurants in Stafford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A beautiful, quintessentially English village pub in an idyllic setting on the village green, The Woolpack is a well-established business supplying hearty pub fayre and exquisitely well-crafted English ales. With a variety of offers on weekdays, there's always something new to try! If you have any queries just give us a call and we'd be happy to help in any way we can.
“Sorry not recommended”
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

First visit to this pub - lovely location - very pleasant staff. Such a shame about the quality of the food - I chose from the specials board thinking this would be a good choice - how wrong was I ( it was awful ) I ate very little of it as to be quite honest it was very unpleasant and not edible - my friends said their meals were ok - but nothing was home cooked - could have bought from Iceland and put in your own microwave at home.
I apologise for the poor review but hope this criticism will benefit the owner to make some positive changes in the kitchen to improve this business so people in future will have a good experience and will leave happy and recommending to others - not going home hungry and disappointed

Visited March 2014
TheWoolpack, Manager at The Woolpack, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thankyou for your recent review on The Woolpack, and thankyou for your kind comments about the team and the service.

I apologise profusely that the food you ordered on the night was not enjoyable, and that this let the experience down. We endeavour to compliment our regular menu with a variety of specials, which are changed daily, and are, in the majority prepared in house.

I will discuss your comments with our head chef, and seek to make improvements in the future, to ensure that our food always matches the high level of attentive service we provide.

If you would like to contact me directly to discuss your individual experience, please feel free to give me a call or drop in for a chat, teh pub number is 01889 270238

Kindest Regards

Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Very friendly and cosy pub”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

I've visited the Woolpack often. Such a lovely pub with an old fashioned feel and not like the new sterile chain pubs. Great menu with different offers on most nights. Great location just off the village green a delight to sit outside in the summer

Stafford, United Kingdom
“Great for a spot of lunch!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Its rare that me and my boyfriend are off together on a weekday so we decided to go out for lunch.
The Woolpack is a quaint pub with extremely reasonably priced food, it was empty when we arrived and they gave us table service, the food was nice and you could tell it was homemade!
The place itself needs a lick of paint but it has character and doesn't ruin the food you are served.
Really nice staff and a great place for a casual lunch!

• Visited January 2014
Thank you for your recent review on the Woolpack, Weston

I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us, and your comments have been passed on to the team at The Pub.

Your feedback allows us to constantly look at achieving the best experience for our valued customers, so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review - I have passed on your comments regarding the pub needing a lick of paint to the company, and hopefully we will see if we can get a bit of a spruce up after summer!

We hope to see you again next time you get an afternoon off together!!

Stafford, United Kingdom
“Surprised at some of the reviews!”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

We have just come back from a very nice meal. Tonight is fish night and I had salmon en croute, light thin pastry full of well cooked fish and a creamy sauce with prawns in was on the side. Partner had fish pie which he enjoyed. A drink was included. Staff were efficient, a good night. The decor is tired but the building has character

Thank you for your recent review on the Woolpack, Weston

We are really glad that you enjoyed your "fish night" meal out with us, and your comments have been passed on to the team at The Pub - especially your comments regarding Dave's famous Salmon en Croute

Your feedback allows us to constantly look at achieving the best experience for our valued customers, so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review!

We hope to see you again, when maybe you can try one of our other speciality nights

Stafford
“New menu”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Just had a great meal at The Woolpack. Fantastic king prawns!! We were spoilt for choice with the new menu. Would definitely recommend a visit. Staff are friendly and efficient. An excellent evening - thank you

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Sandra C
Thank you for your review on the Woolpack, Weston

I am delighted that you enjoyed your evening with us back in November, and your comments have been passed on to the team at The Pub.

We hope to see you again at teh next menu change :-)