“Sad the drunks spoilt the atmosphere!”
Review of The Woolpack

The Woolpack
Ranked #66 of 256 Restaurants in Stafford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A beautiful, quintessentially English village pub in an idyllic setting on the village green, The Woolpack is a well-established business supplying hearty pub fayre and exquisitely well-crafted English ales. With a variety of offers on weekdays, there's always something new to try! If you have any queries just give us a call and we'd be happy to help in any way we can.
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We have been here before and the food is always good and the staff friendly. This visit was spoilt by several very vocal locals, very drunk, at the bar. They were using the F word at every opportunity and one was singing, again 'rugby type ' songs. This was at 7pm! Why were the staff serving them ? Was this just a one off?

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Myself, wife and two children visited here for some food. My wife had a skillet which turned up to be just some tiny strips of steak mixed with peppers which she said she could just about tolerate but my dish well what can I say. Absolutely disgraceful quality and value for money. It was Beef and Mushrooms in Guinness with mash off the specials board. It was £9.50. It came to the table and face must have dropped. It was on a tiny plate. The mash tasted just like 'smash' and the beef itself was luke warm and very sinewy. So therefore we will not be visiting this place again! AVOID.

1  Thank typofrutiger
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Lovely setting overlooking the green. 17th century property that has retained it's charm. All nooks and crannies inside easy to get a private spot to eat.

The food is very reasonably priced. Good quality and plenty of it. I had ham egg and chips and my husband had bacon burger and chips which came with onion rings. We both had a drink and the bill was £19.00.

Good for what we wanted. Fast filling meal on our way home on a Saturday lunchtime. They also do lots of offers mon- fri.

Lovely little place.

2  Thank suzyontour
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Paid a Sunday lunch time vist , Food cheap , but basic no frills . The girl who took my payment and order was multi tasking - She was having a conversation with her boyfriend who was sitting at the bar about cars and in particular her car with high millage - Took my payment without taking a breath - no thank you, no enjoy your meal sir - but i do know she needs a new car .

1  Thank loanstar59
TheWoolpack, Manager at The Woolpack, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for leaving us some recent feedback for the Woolpack.

I was very disappointed that you felt the experience you had at the Woolpack was not enjoyable, and the service you received was not up to the usual standard that we pride ourselves on. The Woolpack is, as you will probably know having visited us, a split type business between the restaurant/food offering, and the local pub side of the business.

Because of this, staff will often have to deal with both bar customers and diners, who will either dine in the full service restaurant, or in any of the bar areas. This often means there will quite often be a crossover of these two types of customer. I am however, awfully disappointed that because of this, you feel the member of the team concerned has dealt with you in a way that was less than professional – Not something I would expect from any of the team to do, as everyone who works at the woolpack takes pride in the service and experience they deliver. I’m sorry we have fallen short of this on this occasion.

With this in mind, I would like you to give me a call on 01899 270238 to discuss the matter further, I would be delighted to have the opportunity to speak to you in person, and see if there is anything we can do to make up for this experience, and give myself and the team a chance to demonstrate what we always try to deliver to our Guests.

Kindest Regards

Sian

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great Food. Great Value (Especially on Mondays). Fantastic Staff. Set in a perfect village loction on the village green. Well worth a visit. Check it out on line for the different offer nights.

2  Thank StaffordAlan

Thankyou for your feedback, Really Glad you enjoy our food and our great offers!

See you soon