“A pleasant venue for a tasty meal”
Review of The Bear Grill

The Bear Grill
Ranked #7 of 239 Restaurants in Stafford
Cuisines: American, Bar, British
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Where once the traditional burger was seen purely as a fast food option, gourmet bear grill burgers are knocking tradition on the head. The Bear Grill have created a nutritious sophisticated product using the best and freshest ingredients available. Innovative and exotic combinations bring together the freshest produce prepared with care and attention to maximise flavour.
Stafford, Great Britain
“A pleasant venue for a tasty meal”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Early on a Saturday evening the Bear Grill was just becoming busy. I chose the lamb burger, as a change, and it arrived within 15 minutes, well cooked and nicely presented. Having previously only eaten lamb burgers of the "minted", supermarket variety, I was a little disappointed with the burger, as I thought it a little bland...but nevertheless the meal was tasty and enjoyable. I requested a pear flavoured J20, but this was not available, so I had another alternative.

I can recommend the Bear Grill for an excellent service and atmosphere, and I am looking forward to my next visit.

Barnard castle
“Overcooked”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is a lovely place to eat and I really enjoyed the selection of songs whilst I was there. my only problem is that my burger was a bit dry and overdone, which is a bit of a problem for a specialist burger bar. I would certainly go back, but may have to have a word with the chef first.

1 Thank Brian R
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Had a great meal.”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I visited The Bear Grill last night and had a lovely time. I didn't have a starter but I did have a main course.

I had a burger, it had chorizo and Monterey Jack on top and was served with chips and salad. I wasn't too keen on the dressing on the salad but I still ate it. The burger was huge and definitely worth the money. The chips were probably the best I've ever had, I'll definitely be coming back for another meal.

The service was good, I didn't feel like the staff were hovering around us too much but they were never too far away. The meal was reasonably priced and the atmosphere was great. I'll be coming back soon.

1 Thank Willow6492
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Why no rare burgers?”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Service was great by a a very pleasant and helpful waitress. Chips were of the best and the beer was fine. The range of burgers was most impressive, but why does a specialized burger grill not serve them slightly pink. There is no health and safety rule that rare burgers are banned. There burger was OK, but pink it could have been great.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank DerekWB57
ChrisLMilwich, Owner at The Bear Grill, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor about rare burgers at The Bear Grill.

The reason we do not cook rare burgers, is because our Food Safety Document, and Haccap System, does not allow our premises to cook burgers at 35 degrees, if we do we cannot be sure that any pathogens, ie Food Bacteria, will be destroyed. Our food safety system stipulates that the core temperature of the burgers must reach pasteurisation, this is 75 degrees core, hence destroying any harmful bacteria, hence protecting the guest, and our company.

I do hope this answers your query.

Chris Lewis
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Massive burgers”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The food was yummy and the portions were huge, we didn't bother with a starter as it just doesn't seem much point when having a massive burger. the service was good and it wax over all a good place to eat, the only complaint was it was cold in there even though it was sunny out side they seemed to have the air conditioning on a little too much

Visited May 2013