“Nearly there..............”

Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Stafford
“Nearly there..............”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed here and I can see them steadily making improvements. There is now wifi everywhere in the hotel plus they have scrapped the parking system where you could be at risk of recieving a fine if you don't enter you car registration.
Unfortunately there are still some things to make it perfect :-
The rooms are sooooo hot as there is no air conditioning. Yes they give you a fan to use but all it managed to do was throw the warm air at you!
The other thing is the breakfast, yes I know it's a budget hotel so you don't expext the 5* service but some bacon would be nice to have as a choice and at least leave out the tablespoon of salt from the scrambled egg!
Even with those 2 things I would still recommend this place as it's a lot better than many places I've been unfortunate to stay, I'm sure they will try their best to continue to improve and no doubt I will stay there again sometime in the future.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GuestRelationSHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear AmandaRutter,
Thank you so much for leaving this feedback with us, I am glad to hear you like the hotel and continue to stay with us. I can only apologise for the hot weather during your stay and are constantly striving to better ourselves. I do hope to see you again soon.
Holly Bayliss

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Cassington, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2014

It is a while since I last used this hotel and my impression is they have been re-decorated and generally smartened up. Great location only a short distance from the M6 junction. Room clean and tidy with everything in good order. Shower with plenty of water at controllable temperature. A reasonable buffet breakfast included in the price: food quality only average but no limit on quantity. Free wiFi throughout the hotel that was easy to access and didn't require you to keep logging back on every time you wanted to use it. Didn't use either of the food outlets on the same site so don't comment on them I used this hotel for business but there were a number of families obviously visiting Alton Towers.

Room Tip: This hotel is used by contractors who may leave early so if you are starting later ask for an upper...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Nigel A
GuestRelationSHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Nigel A,
Thank you so much for leaving this feedback with us, I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us, and had everything you needed for this trip.
I do hope to see you again, should you visit Stafford in the future.
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Arrived on the evening of July 17 at around 23.00hrs check in was very quick and efficiently dealt with by a very nice reception gentleman can't remember his name
As we had not eaten on our journey up from the south and the pub and Chinese across the road had finished serving meals He offered us a 24 hour menu although basic it served its purpose
Room 202 was adequate and a fan was in the room which was not available on our last stay about one year ago no AC is in the rooms the bathroom could have been cleaner hand rail was very rusty and the shower seat was also needing a deep clean
Breakfast is basic scrambled egg sausage beans and cereals yoghurt fruit preference is the premier inn breakfast far better
After breakfast returned to our room and my wife looked out the window and saw an employee just throwing whole sliced bread assume it was left over from breakfast onto the grass would have preferred it was disposed of in the garbage
Good access to M6 northbound
Overall it the stay served its purpose but found premier inn better during recent stays there

Room Tip: Good access to Motorway M6
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Martin S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback with us, I am glad you had an enjoyable stay and can only apologise for issues within the bathroom of your room. This has been noted and passed onto housekeeping to ensure these issues are dealt with.
As part of our 'Green Living' we do use left over bread to feed the wildlife (birds and rabbits) around the hotel, however all other items are disposed of in wastage bins.
We do hope to see you again should you visit Stafford in the near future.

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was alright, pub grub and chinese in same complex, staff not overly empathetic and liked to argue with customers, drinks from bar ridiculously overpriced considering pub chain there too,

Good deals if you are going to alton towers though with there alton towers package which improved the experience

Would not return unless it was for the alton towers deal

• Stayed June 2014
GuestRelationSHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear GaryL,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us.

The team pride themselves on delivering excellent service and I am shocked and disappointed that on this occasion we have failed to deliver this.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay further so please don't hesitate to contact me directly on gm@hiexpressstafford.co.uk and I will be in touch with you.

Dunfermline
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stoped on the journey from Fife to Longleat Centre Parcs. Since we were with grand kids we felt it was too long a journey in one go. As it turned out the HIE was very good - clean -well positioned on the M6 with a variety of eateries close by. A breakfast is included, which although basic, was surprisingly good and saves money.

All in all it was very satisfactory and since we booked a few months in advance it was only £39 a room - a steal really.

A very good stop over - also at the price it might be a good idea if you wanted to visit attractions like Alton towers

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GuestRelationSHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear ascott01,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us and I hope you and your grandchildren enjoyed Longleat! I have always wanted to visit there!

I'm delighted the team looked after you so well and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area.

Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotel reminds me why don't tend to use the big chains,the car park was the first disappointment with 5 to 6 tarmac lorries as there was works being undertaken locally ,also I've never understand why a large chain of hotels allow people to smoke right outside the front entrance lobby?, it leads to encountering people smoking heavily is you first enter the hotel and all the rubbish and detritus that goes with this habit, on the plus side the hotel was clean, the bed comfortable , breakfast was adequate and check out and check-in process was easy. I have to say I wouldn't rush back to one of these style hotels

Room Tip: Choose a quiet room away from stairs and lifts
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mike c,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback about your recent stay with us and I am sorry there were disappointing elements to your stay.

I have taken your comments about the area set aside for smoking on board. As a non smoker myself I appreciate your comments and will look to find a solution that ensures both smoking and non smoking guests are provided for

Scotland
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in many HiExp over the years and were absolutely delighted this one.
Great welcome, lovely quiet, comfy room and best HiExp breakfast ever.
Despite being so close to the M6 we heard no noise and were back on the motorway next morning in seconds
Will definitely return

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Keithpar,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback about your stay.

I'm pleased the team looked after you so well and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Jo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stafford
Best Western Stafford M6/J14 Tillington Hall Hotel
#3 of 5 in Stone
Vine Hotel
Vine Hotel
#10 of 11 in Stafford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13? Share your experiences!